Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worth the 35$? Trying to justify spending the money on a birthday gift to myself haha. Will it change anything? Not expecting big things to come out of it. Maybe a better sound or whatever. Not going to get the TYPHOON until the car is paid off.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
NOPE, You might get .1 of a MPG. I noticed zero. Probably because the GM one is already of a very good quality. Sorry bud get yourself a $35 gift card to a pizza joint, you will get to enjoy it more.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of haha. Does it make a different sound with W.O.T?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Nope!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Money not spent well.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

But if filter is dirty change it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its only got 900 miles on it. The dealer must of replaced it before selling the car.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
If you plan on staying NA, I'd recommend saving up for a quality CAI like K&N or Injen. It's relatively inexpensive, makes for a fun DIY project, and sounds amazing. You might only gain a horsepower or two (w/o a tune), but it's an essential beginner's mod that everyone who's interested in performance should do. And if you can manage to keep your foot off the gas, you might even save a little at the pumps.

Just beware of deep water.

·
Registered
922 Posts
K&N for the na and TC cobalts is short ram.... no need to worry about water for that, unless your driving through rivers, ponds or anything like that. AEM is a CAI for the NA cars that goes down along the fender into the bumper. The Injen is a multi piece intake and can be used as a CAI or it can be taken apart and used a short ram.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The only good reason to have a drop in filter is for the no need of buying one ever again. I saw when I had mine an increase of maybe 1 more mpg.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I have the Injen. Bought it because of the versatility mentioned above. I set it up as a CAI and besides a later inspection, I haven't touched it since. Great sound. Car pulls a little better at high RPM but suffers at lower engine speeds. I'd recommend that product if only I wasn't plagued by a P0171 code that Injen refused to believe was there.

Replacing the downstream O2 has severely cut down on the frequency of coding however. Still overall very satisfied.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.