Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my K&N Typhoon today and love it. OMG the sound it makes is win. I do have a question though. My heat shield doesn't look like it sits correctly and my brackets don't line up all that well. Is there ANY way to use this intake without the heat shield? I'd rather removie it completely if I can find an alternate way of making sure my intake doesn't fall off into my engine bay when I'm driving. If I removed the heat shield and brackts, all that would be holding it on is the hose clamp to the TB and the hose clamps connecting the hose the intake tube to the engine. If that isn't enough to hold it, is there ANYTHING I can do to make this work?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
post pics. what year is your balt? I just stuck mine in like a week ago and the heat shield fit perfect

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take pics tomorrow but there is no way you guys could see what I'm talkting about in the dark. It's an 07 LS. No SAI. It just looks funny and I'd rather just take it off but I don't know if it'll hold...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
never heard of fitment issues with an 07. my only recomendation would be to loosen everything holding the heat shield in place and wiggle it around to get it to sit properly

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question, how do people with custom intakes or even the Injen SRI with no heatsheild bolt theirs down? Cause I'm taking that route.

·
Registered
547 Posts
This is what the Injen CAI/SRI looks like installed. Once put it is it stays in place no problem.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Love that Injen intake and TSM make sure you are istalling it correctly. Is there a idfferet set of bolt holes you might be possibly lining it up wrong with ?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
heres where my heat shield is attached. hopefully they help

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what the Injen CAI/SRI looks like installed. Once put it is it stays in place no problem.

So your Injen isn't bolted down to anything besides the throttle body and engine block hose and it stays?

09-cobalt-lt, I have all the correct bolts in the right place, the right brackts connecting to the right holes, and it does look like yours. But mine like grinds on the sides of the engine bay, and it's taking the paint off. :notrust:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
So your Injen isn't bolted down to anything besides the throttle body and engine block hose and it stays?

09-cobalt-lt, I have all the correct bolts in the right place, the right brackts connecting to the right holes, and it does look like yours. But mine like grinds on the sides of the engine bay, and it's taking the paint off. :notrust:
mine touches the cover but it doesn't take paint off cause it shouldn't be moving. maybe everything it too loose. taking the heat shield off kind of defeats the purpose of having the K&N

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I know, and that's why I'm POed because of just how many people suggested I buy it. I'm *this* close to buying the Injen and slapping my K&N filter on it LMAO.

·
Registered
547 Posts

No, the Injen does not bolt to anything. It does not have the heat shield like the K&N Typhoon intake. It stays with no problems. I have had mine on now for about a month with no problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, the Injen does not bolt to anything. It does not have the heat shield like the K&N Typhoon intake. It stays with no problems. I have had mine on now for about a month with no problems.
Thanks for your help bud, I'll mess with it tonight after work.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
THe filter on the K&N has a 4 inch opening to a velocity stack. And i am pretty sure all that is bolted to the heat shield. The heat shield is adjustable Mine is very secure and does not rub at all!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for your help bud, I'll mess with it tonight after work.
Good luck to you. Just take your time and make sure that you are tightning everything correctly. K&N Typhoon intakes have a great reputation and it should install with no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.