Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do realize the electrical nightmare associated with Cobalts and all the computers and what not, but I thought it would be very interesting to swap a honda k-series motor (k20, k24) into a cobalt. :smile1:

·
Registered
464 Posts
WHY would you put a Honda motor in a GM? That's like automotive blasphemy

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
lol stickers are rice! Plus... sleeper ftw. but import in a domestic is still blasphemy!! I don't care if your putting a lambo motor in a cobalt... although that would be cool.... LOL

·
Registered
464 Posts
We were/are HEAVILY debating doing the LS4? The one that came in the monte carlos and the ss impalas, with my car. I can't justify doing it right now as I don't have the cash and my current motor runs like a top. When it goes though... it's on lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
yeea, the jbody guys like to do the northstar motor to which we had debated to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesn't matter if it's import or not, it's a great motor and you can see impressive power gains just from an all motor build. Plus it would be easy, it fits, unlike a GM v8 which would take a ton of modification to the frame and everything. replace the current 4cyl with an even better 4cyl :) fun fun!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's import or not, it's a great motor and you can see impressive power gains just from an all motor build. Plus it would be easy, it fits, unlike a GM v8 which would take a ton of modification to the frame and everything. replace the current 4cyl with an even better 4cyl :) fun fun!
And you can always boost it and easily make 400 at the wheels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
keep the outside of the cobalt basically all stock except for the lowering and stuff, and you'd have one monster of a sleeper.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I agree, it doesn't really matter what it comes out of if its a proven engine who cares. Enjoy it while your laughing at your critics in the rear view mirror.

I don't really have a problem with anything foreign, because obviously most proven 4 cyl engines are gunna come from a foreign car. Heck even the ecotecs were developed in germany, before they reached our Chevys, but I guess that would make them beerers and not ricers, and who doesn't like beer?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I'd love to throw an LS4 in mine...that'd be insane - let me know if you end up going that route :)

But ixnay on the Honda wapsay.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
easy? have you ever serviced a subframe in these cars? plus you'd have to go standalone engine management. if i won the lotto i still wouldn't consider it. and i actually like hondas.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

and why not do that with an lnf?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Don't do an LS4 if you ever do a V8 swap...horrid heat makers and hardly ANY aftermarket support. They suck. I'd rather put a Vortec cast iron 5.3 from a truck in it and boost the shit out of it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
A cobalt with a honda engine would coincidentally have a max speed which is the exact same as the speed at which Louis Chevrolet is currently spinning in his grave.

god damn that was a lot of work for a lame joke involving a founder of chevrolet

·
Registered
446 Posts
:blink: Your kidding right? lol
People swap LS1 motors into RX-7's, as long as its Honda's top tier engine then I believe it would be interesting.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.