Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got these K sport lowering springs for my 06 cobalt!!!!!! YEAH!!!! now, how do you install them again? :blink:

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Well just checked the site. NO how to on this. Give me a few weeks and i will do one. I will be doing the exact same thing as soon as i get my springs.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The rears you can do yourself but the fronts are not so easy. Getting them out is easy -- the strut assy -- but you will need to take them to a shop that can compress them and swap them out, unless you have all the tools to do it.

Best to pick up a CObalt repair book...look for Chiltons or Haynes books. Of course the best book would be the factory service manuals...but they cost >$100.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rears you can do yourself but the fronts are not so easy. Getting them out is easy -- the strut assy -- but you will need to take them to a shop that can compress them and swap them out, unless you have all the tools to do it.

Best to pick up a CObalt repair book...look for Chiltons or Haynes books. Of course the best book would be the factory service manuals...but they cost >$100.
k, thanx.....i'll chk the local shop, see what it will cost

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You can rent a spring compressor from autozone or advanced auto parts for a small deposite that youget back when you return the compressors. But the backs are eay to do yourself and as long as you have the proper tools or a friend does you will be able to do the fronts and save yourself a bunch of money cause most shops will cost around $200+ to install then they will try to convince you that you need an alignment too in which you can do with out. So with some patience proper tools and a mechanically inclined friend you can get it done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, i'll post pics later today....after i replace the springs.....it will be my first "how to" post

·
Registered
68 Posts
The front end should have an alignment anytime you mess with the suspension, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yeah i second StrLrK's comment...you will need ATLEAST a two wheel alignment done after you install your springs. Usual price is 59.95 or so...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ben that looks great I am going to post your how to on my website. If this isn't acceptable please pm me and I will remove it. Thanks Again for the purchase!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.