Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I'm new to the Cobalt world.. I've owned my baby for about 2 months now. She's an 07 Cobalt SS SC. I'm really wanting to learn a lot about tuning, sound and electrical work. So hopefully you guys can help me out.

So here's my baby

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
very clean, as for tuning trifecta tunes the cobalt. get an intake, maybe a stage kit then get it tuned. what would you like to know about sound and electrical stuff?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yes I know the basics..but I'm looking for specifics..I understand Cold Air Intakes, but there are different types and brands. I want to know what works best. Learn about sound systems and whats good for the size of the car, if I can install it by myself or need some help. LEDS/ Under glow. Ideas... on paint and custom interior, what body kits look best, which after market exhaust sounds best, which spoiler that isn't stock looks better..ECT. I want it all...

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Well, yes I know the basics..but I'm looking for specifics..I understand Cold Air Intakes, but there are different types and brands. I want to know what works best. Learn about sound systems and whats good for the size of the car, if I can install it by myself or need some help. LEDS/ Under glow. Ideas... on paint and custom interior, what body kits look best, which after market exhaust sounds best, which spoiler that isn't stock looks better..ECT. I want it all...
DO NOT EVER PUT AN AFTERMARKET BODY KIT ON YOUR CAR, hands down agreed by everyone on this site that the best body kit for a cobalt is the one you have on your car currently-please
anywho, intake i'd say K&N or injen and its only offered in CAI for the SS and exhaust i'm not sure for the SS, sound systems depends if you just wanna upgrade or want to shatter the windows, and leds and stuff also depends what you are looking for blinding people when the ysee your car or just some subtle accent lighting

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Welcome
Now never buy an aftermarket spoiler for your balt unless its the carbon fiber version of the ss wing. Exhaust sounds, that all depends do you like loud roaring exhaust? Try to be a lil more specific. I would suggest though for the interior get the red trim kit gm offers, or paint it yourself the silver sticks out really bad.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome! I agree with Will, cleaning up the rear end would be a nice first step

oh, and let the e-humping begin lol

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome and the first thing u should do with ur car is...trade it with mine :smile1:

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Welcome to the site

Debadge the car, Injen or K&N or GMPP CAI or SRI or combo kit, No after-market body kits, like Camo said, the best looking and best fitting kits is the one you already have on your car. I have installed many body kits over the years, and NONE be it FRP Composite (DuraFlex), Carbon Fiber or Poly-Urethane have fit correctly without persuasion, fabrication and body work. There are many exhausts out there like the GMPP which is the same as the Borla, Magnaflow makes a full catback, Hahn makes and exhaust, as far as exhaust sound, go to you tube and listen to clips of exhausts.
Stereo, well the sky is the limit, you can replace your factory head unit with a din, din and a 1/2 or a double din, you can do a deck and four, where you just replace the front component sets and rear deck speakers and run them off the new head unit, you can run single or multiple subs, watch the dimensions of the box if you are buying a pre fabricated box and please measure the box and trunk opening before you buy, we have a very small trunk opening, there is more room to play with if you lay down or remove the rear seats and slide the box in from the passenger compartment. you can run single or multiple amp combos. Try to plan your stereo out around the fact that you may need to access the battery or spare tire at some point and time. As far as spoilers the factory hi-rise looks the best, Personally I also like the wingless look and the RK sport 3 piece pictured below

Good luck modding, there is allot of information on this site, take some time and do some research, and plan out your mods and ask opinions.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.