• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my fender stripes on for about 3 years now and im wanting something new i think.
Im debating on taking the fender stripes off and want everyone else's opinions because i cant make up my mind. Also, is there going to be a huge difference in color when I take them off?

Keep fender stripes or delete?

Oh and i plan on doing this to the upper left part of the windshield too (too spice it up)

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
yeah its too just plain red on the side, i mean you have no body stuff done but still, actually it would look more like blazerlow's car not mine, since you have almost identical rims, idk dare to be different, that is why people like your car not cause it looks like everyone elses, i was even also a fan of the cobalt windshield decal

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its too just plain red on the side, i mean you have no body stuff done but still, actually it would look more like blazerlow's car not mine, since you have almost identical rims, idk dare to be different, that is why people like your car not cause it looks like everyone elses, i was even also a fan of the cobalt windshield decal
Yeah i hear ya. I think im just looking for ways to change....and after I realized where the fender stripes originated from, im becoming to think its kind of tacky on a cobalt.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

plus im wanting more of a JDM look

·
Registered
867 Posts
i say keep em, it makes you look different
and about paint , it shouldnt be too bad, if you decide to do take them off, just clay bar the **** outta that spot lol
if your looking for something diff, change color of the stripes?

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Yeah i hear ya. I think im just looking for ways to change....and after I realized where the fender stripes originated from, im becoming to think its kind of tacky on a cobalt.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

plus im wanting more of a JDM look
fender vents?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i just noticed alot of balts have been going for the JDM look including myself, keep the stripes dude, i might take my fender stripes off too but idk either

·
Registered
674 Posts
Fender strips are awesome, only if you don't have the rally stripes too. if you have both then its overkill.

Only way I'd say go for it and take them off, is if you plan on getting a body kit or SS/TC body kit, and going with the super clean sleeper look. You know, just a nice kit, nice rims, and no extra stuff everywhere else.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Also, is there going to be a huge difference in color when I take them off?
i say take them off...like you said earlier, its an econobox not a corvette.

assuming they're vinyl, no there shouldnt be any difference. there could be a slight difference as far as that area being more dark though. if u take them off, just use goo gone and buff and wax it and it should turn out the same.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I say keep them...but I'm nobody, so u don't have to listen, put soup on it

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Take em off and go straight jdm!!!!! Welcome to the club. But seriously. It looks good with it but would look better without them.

As for 4dr-Ls, take the racing stripes of or the fender stripes. Looks tacky with both

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.