Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody! I've had this car for over two years now. I traded in my DSM towards it because the eclipse was breaking every month. I've had no problems so far with the cobalt and while it is slower it is still very fun to drive. I got it with 29k miles and only one other owner. It was completely stock. Here are the mods ive done so far.

Now I know some of you are not going to like my choice of parts/mods. I respect your opinion, so please respect my thread.

Exterior

• Debadged front & rear
  • 35% tint all the way around
  • black headlight housing
  • GM Ground Effects Package 12499976
  • Plastidiped middle grille section
  • AntennaX shorty antenna
  • Trunk Lip
  • WeatherTech Window Deflectors
  • HID reverse lights

Interior
  • Husky Liners Floor mats and trunk mat
  • USB charging ports
  • SS Pillar Pod
  • Aeroforce Interceptor gauge
  • Blackvue Dash Cam
  • BPS Short Shifter
  • BPS Cable Clamp
  • BPS Base Bushings
  • Center Console/Armrest
  • Rostra Cruise Control
Audio

• Pioneer MVH-X560BT Digital media receiver
  • Rockville RW10CA 10" Under-Seat Sub
Suspension
  • SS/TC FE5 Struts & Shocks
  • Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars
  • Eibach Sportline Springs
  • Moog Endlinks
  • OTTP Steering rack spacers
  • ZZP Strut Bar
  • 17" MB Five X Wheels
Performance
  • K&N Drop in Air Filter lol
Future
  • Coilovers
  • Supercharger (If my buddy ever turbo-swaps his LSJ)

I originally got a "chromeintakes" intake from ebay but it did not fit correctly down into the wheel well. So i just cut down the pipe that connects to the throttle body to reach the stock air box.

I also had a problem with the shorty antenna, the adapter they supplied could not be used with the bottom shroud. So i had to cut that down too.

Everything else is working great. I love the ride quality with all the suspension parts I chose. The short shifter is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it to anyone with a manual.

If anyone has any questions ask away. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, and NPR FTW! (graduated Pasco HS)
Nice! What year did you graduate?

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Do you like the way that exhaust sounds? I was going to buy it but decided against it to get a magnaflow muffler. Is it very loud?
I love it. My intentions were to get this and then slap a magnaflow muffler on it like a lot of the other members on here do but I guess I was blessed by the exhaust gods lol. There is no rasp at all, its just a nice deep tone. It definitely louder than stock but its not obnoxious. I think its because the pipe is only 2.25" and the resonator is twice as long as the factory one. I'll try and get a video of it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice! What year did you graduate?

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I love it. My intentions were to get this and then slap a magnaflow muffler on it like a lot of the other members on here do but I guess I was blessed by the exhaust gods lol. There is no rasp at all, its just a nice deep tone. It definitely louder than stock but its not obnoxious. I think its because the pipe is only 2.25" and the resonator is twice as long as the factory one. I'll try and get a video of it for you.
Alright cool! That'd be great! I already have the magnaflow muffler, but I'm still thinking about buying the ebay catback and then just selling the muffler back.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Very nice job

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.