Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In fact the dealer said the car would not communicate at all. So it's not the FOB.

I bet its because my aftermarket harness is the one that disables onstar. Is my guess right? I don't want to spend $100 on a harness if it's something else as I don't care about onstar, I just want my FOB to work. (never knew if it worked before as I replaced the radio before getting an FOB programmed).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Which RPO do you have AU0,AP3 or AP8?

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Do you have TPMS?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you have TPMS you have an RCDLR, if your TPMs work that means your RCDLR works because it's the same module and translater. In my opinion and it's an opinion only is " Your remotes must be defective. Take them apart check the battery and clip then make sure the back of your buttons still have carbon on them.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dealer said they tried all their equipment and was unable to get the car to communicate? Idk what they're going with or using. My remote is a cheap ebay one so I wouldn't doubt the remote was bad, but they said it wasnt just the remote?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Amateurs! In your trunk should be an RPO sticker with all the options of your car. Check if you have one of these AU0, AP3 or AP8

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to be needy, but where in the trunk? I know by vin lookup they said it should have had a fob, but no remote start if that helps. Thanks for your help btw! Glad I didn't just go out and buy the harness.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Under the mat to the left of the spare tire.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

What year is your car?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Means you need a 15252034 key FOB

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you open it to see if everything was OK in there. djryanss sent me his new one that he bought because it didn't work and found the battery clip completely unsoldered. I fixed it. His was red and a 22733523.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Lights up? U mean the car lights.....???? Because there are no lights in the remote.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Never seen and LED in a GM remote 15252034 yet. You might have an aftermarket look alike. Maybe why it don't work.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Never seen and LED in a GM remote 15252034 yet. You might have an aftermarket look alike. Maybe why it don't work.
agree, but they warned me even if it were a bad remote I'd still have to pay to program. Then they said nothing would get the car to open or such and they didnt charge me so It's not just this particular fob supposedly. Could it be related to my service airbag light that comes on randomly?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Could it be related to my service airbag light that comes on randomly?
Nope!!!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Take a pictue of the board for me!!! I'm interested in seeing what it looks like. FCC ID has to be "KOBGT04A" for it to work. As posted previously. Or like this one;

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can't right now, will do later. bump this thread for me if I forget over then next day or two. :)

someone on css suggested the receiver? idk

just don't want to pay the dealer $100 to tell me they cant find it or to replace a $30 part.

Thanks for all the help again, I really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Same receiver as TPMS and it works fine with those right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.