Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if any cobalt key FOB would work with my cobalt I was wanting to buy them off eBay because the dealer said there were like $90

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, it will work but you will need to get your BCM programmed for it with a TechII.

Transmitter Programming
Important: All transmitters that are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver
(RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in
program mode, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon receipt of the
programming signal from the first transmitter.
Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the
vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the
programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are
programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second
transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed. All doors must be
closed to perform this function.
1. Install CANDI module.
2. Install a scan tool.
3. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.
4. With the scan tool, select Body and Accessories.
5. Select Keyless Entry.
6. Select the proper engine size.
7. Select Module Setup.
8. Select body control module (BCM).
9. Select Program Key Fobs.
10. Follow scan tool on screen instructions.
11. If you are programming more than one transmitter, repeat the previous step to program up
to four transmitters.
12. Remove the scan tool.
13. Exit the vehicle. Attempt to lock/unlock the doors to verify the programming.
14. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks coby! But I'll probably buy like 2 off eBay and have them program them because I don't have all that fancy stuff lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You mean one of these
I do this for friends all the time for free.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
you sure are having fun with that Tech 2! looks like a octopus with all those cables flying around.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What happened to your remotes?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think anybody around me is smart enough to run one of those things lol and it never came with them all the guy gave me was one key

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Might as well get a second key at the same time.

Oh, yeah make sure the tech erases the previous remotes, so anybody that might have them won't steal your stuff.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

you sure are having fun with that Tech 2! looks like a octopus with all those cables flying around.
Darn tootin' I'm having more fun than a rooster in a henhouse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.