I finally found out why my remote keyless entry wasn't working. Everyone I talk to has problem with these dumb remotes. I tried replacing the battery. For one of the remotes I had to re-solder the battery terminal. But still the unlock and lock buttons didn't work, the other ones did. It turns out after a bit of searching on the web, that the actual rubber/metal contacts that touch the circuit board when you push the buttons were actually worn out. I tried to glue some foil to the buttons, they would work for a while but eventually come off. I ended up buying a small pad that slides right inside the remote and fixes all the buttons. Its been 4 months and the remotes still work great. A couple of my friends have used them on other gm car remotes. The company that makes the pads is keylessfix. KeylessFix.com - The Best GM Remote Fix Just thought i would post this since it seems like so many people have had the same problems with these remotes as I did.