Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I just bough a used 06 Cobalt LS and the only issue with it is the keyfob dood lock/unlock not working.
I don't know if it's the original fob, but the starter and trunk unlock works so it's not the battery. I have 2 fobs and both are having the same issue, which makes me think the fob itself is not the issue. The light on the fob flashes when I push the button so I think it is sending a signal. I though about a fuse issue but I'm not sure which fusent would be. The is an empty fuse slot labeled door lock on the interior fuse box, but that might just be for power lock, which mine doesn't have anyway. It also doesn't list what amperage of fuse it would need. Anyone ever had similar issue or any hint as to what the problem might be?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you don't have power locks there's no way the remote would be able to unlock your car, and I didn't think the key fobs had a light on them. Are you sure you don't just have an aftermarket remote start?

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
If you don't have power locks there's no way the remote would be able to unlock your car, and I didn't think the key fobs had a light on them. Are you sure you don't just have an aftermarket remote start?
Sounds like it could just be an aftermarket alarm or something, but if the car doesn't have power locks...there's no way that programming those buttons would do anything...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.