Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I have a 07 cobalt LT sedan, ever since I bought the car I have had problems with the buttons.

They will work like a dream and then out of nowhere they will stop working. I have taken a look inside and have noticed that the battery clip keeps falling of the circuit board.

I have gone through 6 pairs of buttons in the year and a half. I'm tired of the dealers over charging me for something a monkey can do.

Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

Since I know that the problem lies in the buttons, does anyone know if a different kind of keypad will work with the OEM system? Or if I can find a way to reprogram them myself?

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is new to me, so all i can suggest is change the batteries lol..... sound like this is a rare problem..... You will be helped better if you have pictures of your keypad..... at least then someone on here will have a good idea of what exactly your talking about, and the best way to solder/glue/ or change to different buttons or keypad to fix your problem.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think I remember something like this...I believe people had to solder a batter holder thing into the circuit becuase it kept popping out.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
welcome! sorry i don't have an answer to your problem..

·
Registered
821 Posts
usually with a soft or plastic push button, if you take it apart..... all there is-is a rubber plunger with a metal contact glued to the bottom. the rubber plunger gives you the resistance and the feeling of a "push" button, when all it is-is a small metal contact touching the circuit board.....

maybe that small metal tab at the bottom of the plunger is missing, or has shifted over to one side from a few bad drops..

·
Registered
575 Posts
i just popped mine back in and i haven't had a problem with it since no solder or glue or anything just dont drop it or and you should be fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is where it gets irritating.

I've tried to solder and glue it back on and it'll work a couple of times and then it will stop working again. I think I'm going to get an aftermarket keyless system, chevy went uber cheap on the key fobs and replacing it would do little to fix the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.