Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..been having to push down really hard on the key fob to get the locks to open. any qiuck fixes for that? i've seen some stuff online of ppl putting metal or sumthin under the buttons to help.. n yes i just put a brand new battery so its not that!

also if you hold down the keys for a few seconds does it do anything different? just asking because when i do pop the locks open only the driver side opens.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Hmm I may need to do that Coby, I was going to look for the thread,is there anything else you can substitute for the airduct ttape?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya im not sure where to get that stuff, anything else i can punch on to that? i suppose foil paper wouldn't do anything right?. juss need a fast fix or i gotta pick one up at the dealer

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Any hardware store has this. But foil will do if you have some glue to stick it there with. Dealer wants over a $100 for one of these.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
also if you hold down the keys for a few seconds does it do anything different? just asking because when i do pop the locks open only the driver side opens.

thanks
Press unlock once, only drivers door unlocks, press twice all doors should unlock. This is factory default but can be changed in menu.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k thanks for all the good info buddy.. ;) key fob still isnt working great though.. i think i might eventually get a an aftermarket alarm system n get the locks programmed on there.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you do what I showed you? It could also be the two blue and gray connectors on the BCM that need cleaning for better contacts.

Did you see how I verify the ones I repair?

RF detector video by Coby007 - Photobucket

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

I forgot to mention when you add these little metalic circles to the buttons you should also clean the surface area of the contact. I use pure alchool.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i havnt seen that, what is a RF connector? where did you get that?
my key fob is weird.. trunk works good, but i really have to slam my thumb down on the unlock and it takes like 3 to 5 seconds to open.

n ya i tried what you said b4 it was totally unresponsive

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.