·
Registered
273 Posts
pretty sweet

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, this thing really is huge compared to the stock one.... hard to tell in the pics but its 1.5 inches thicker than the stock one..... and even helps me keep my hot side piping up higher and more snug since its a maximum fit

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Got a Dejon one? Looks just like mine :). Yes, it is MUCH bigger and heavier than the stock one.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
so pretty..... do you have any pics with the bumper back on?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Looks good! any noticeable gains?
I'm not sure about him, but I know with mine I can actually hear the rush of air from the turbo with it on, an it keeps my engine cooler, and my car pulls harder for longer, like I can really feel it pulling strong all the way through, whereas the stock one you'd really feel it heat soak from pulls.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure about him, but I know with mine I can actually hear the rush of air from the turbo with it on, an it keeps my engine cooler, and my car pulls harder for longer, like I can really feel it pulling strong all the way through, whereas the stock one you'd really feel it heat soak from pulls.
Unfortunately I have never dyno'd my whip... yet. So as for gains and numbers before and after I will never know. But, it DOES sound better, rushing air wise.... and it pulls HARD, i hit 120mph today in 4th gear and wasnt even close to redline.... need to get this thing strapped down on a dyno and see what this baby can do wide open in 5th and get my numbers..... which reminds me to email Vince at trifecta..... I have two CEL codes: P0101 - MAF and P2261 that i need to tune out...... *hard to hear the slightly added whine since im now on stiffer mounts :)

If any of you guys have ever driven through a tunnel lately.....with stiffer mounts WOW... i was drooling and wide eyed when i heard how it sounded.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Yeah, I have yet to dyno mine again with my DP, 3" exh, intake and FMIC. I should be sitting around 350ish with everything tuned for an running right. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so pretty..... do you have any pics with the bumper back on?
No, not yet JDM, not really a difference looks wise i dont think..... not unless i get the camera down on it like in my showoff thread......

But just passing by it, or snapping a quick pic you see no difference cuz my billet grill does a good job of hiding it :(

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
No, not yet JDM, not really a difference looks wise i dont think..... not unless i get the camera down on it like in my showoff thread......

But just passing by it, or snapping a quick pic you see no difference cuz my billet grill does a good job of hiding it :(
i would loose the billet grille...

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
looks good. would it be rice if i installed an intercooler, and told people it's for when i eventually go sc when i save up the money?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.