Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the army and been messed up for quite some time.... Been divorced twice by woman who like to play games and my army career has been at a stand still since my last deployment.

I've had my share of article 15's for the usual crap, being young and stupid..... I've deployed to Iraq twice and have seen plenty of messed up stuff. I don't have PTSD but I do stop by mental health from time to time to sit down and just relax and talk to someone. I've been moved from company to company..... My main problem is waking up in the morning.... I just can't do it.... I sleep walk and talk! I'm currently awaiting a sleep study. Seriously I have 3 alarm clocks in my room scattered around like land mines.... Somehow I can "wake up" and turn the alarms off and get back in bed without realizing it.

My new company now thinks I'm crazy... And my selfhelp... Self referred mental health appointments have turned into command referred appointments and I'm now forced to go.

As you all know I'm currently in NTC, Ft. Irwin calironia, Mohavi desert death valley. I came over here as part of the ADVON party (advanced party) meaning I got here a week before everyone else to get everything ready and prepped. For the past few days we have been unloading and moving all the vehicles and gear that's been getting trucked in.

well today my shitty luck got even worse. While I was loosening a chain that was securing a LSV (an army refueler truck) the civilian truck driver lowered his big rigs flat bed trailer..... ON MY RIGHT FOOT! I had the weight of an 18 wheeler flatbed and an army fueler truck on my toes.

I was lucky to not have all the toes on my right foot immediately severed off. I'm now 4 days into being here and have already had surgery to place steel pins in my big toe and second and third toe..... So instead of 6 to 8 weeks training, I'm flying back and will spend that 6-8 weeks in bed recovering.

**ADMIN... I'm mobile please move to off topic.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ouch! as you said, youre lucky not to have lost your toes. did you crush them or just break them?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
every toe is broken twice.... Each one.... First break is before the "knuckle" and the second break is the very tips of the bone.... The docs say they will leave the tip breaks alone, and let my body just absorb the fragment

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
seriously? wont it not heal properly if they just leave it?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ONLY thing I got going for me is my girlfriend and my car along with YC... Everything else is turned upside down.... And I don't know how this is gonna affect my army career.

Pics of blackfoot to follow shortly in a few days once I'm back on island.

lucky my toes are still there.... But it was still so much weight that each toe got a blood blister on each tip. Blood vessels got destroy and the blood tryed to squeeze out of my toes! **big toenail was also an EPIC loss and now missing.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you serious!?? Heck yeah I'm on meds.... I get 4mg's of morphine every few hours and oral painkillers to give me a steady balance of pain and feeling somewhat ok..... I swear, right now after the surgery with pins I feel as if someone is grabbing my big toe and pushing it down as far as thy can.... And at the same time, grabbing the other ones and pulling them up as far as they go...... It sucks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
are you serious!?? Heck yeah I'm on meds.... I get 4mg's of morphine every few hours and oral painkillers to give me a steady balance of pain and feeling somewhat ok..... I swear, right now after the surgery with pins I feel as if someone is grabbing my big toe and pushing it down as far as thy can.... And at the same time, grabbing the other ones and pulling them up as far as they go...... It sucks
lol just thought id check. sounds like a b****. did they tell you how long its gonna last like that?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
the ONLY thing I got going for me is my girlfriend and my car along with YC... Everything else is turned upside down.... And I don't know how this is gonna affect my army career.
Well, you always got us to kick around. lol. Man, I really hope they do not try to separate you over this. If they do, don't take that offer of honorable like I did. Hold out for the medical.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
holy crap man!! I'm sorry bro! Get a second opinion on the floating bone fragments, I've had an injury like that and they wanted to get all the fragments out because they could cause nerve damage. I don't want to scare you or anything,but frick man, it's worth the second opinion.
I'm assuming these are all compound fractures, so as long as everything is set properly (i needed surgery to get that done for me) hopefully you'll be back on your feet in 4 months or so...
Again I'm sorry man, thats real fricken sh*tty, and don't think I'm just saying all this to scare you, I just want you to know what you're facing. I dunno if you've chatted with Globalt but He wants to plan another meet, so hopefully we can all meet up! Best of luck to you and stay away from government workers for awhile!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Looks like he's gotta stay away from me since I work for the Government:suspicious:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4 months!? I hope not.... I'll let them replace my bones for steel if I can get back walking in 2 months.... That's my goal anyway

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
earlybird day bump.... Yo glowbalt... If you aint busy post up the pics of my mangled foot!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.