Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 LS.

At highway speeds of 60mph+ there is a knock coming from the passenger side front end. The knocking only happens when I let off of the throttle and it seems to go with the speed of the car. (ie Faster I go, faster the knocking). There is a faint knocking when going over bumps as well, but this knocking is much more prevalent. Could this be the CAB's?? Theres no grinding sounds just the knocking almost like the wheel is loose but it is not. (Ive made sure the lugs are on tightly)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If I were to guess, lower control arm bushing

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Well it's speed dependant, so that means something rotational...but only when you let off the throttle...

Have you checked the wheel bearings for play (Jack the car up and try moving the wheel from side to side, up and down - in a horizontal motion, not trying to turn it back and forth).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had a chance to check the wheel bearing but I will be doing so this weekend. I'm not sure its that though because its more of a knock and not the grind/roar a wheel bearing gives when its bad.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had a very similar issue start happening, check your pinch bolts are torqued, if they are tight you are gunna wanna check your front tires for wear/bulging. Both things caused my cobalt to knock around 60 mph and the sound went away if i went +10/-10 from 60.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.