Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 2006 Cobalt LT @ about 80k miles. Bought used about 4 months ago, and this started happening in the last week.

It sounds like it's coming from under the dash on the passenger side.. Happens about 80% of the time I start the car. I've uploaded a video of it happening

Would be great if someone could help me out.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing, strut, a arm, anything having to do with that. Prolly doesn't help much but its all I could think it'd be

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
If those who have experienced this concern would please private message me with more details, I'd be happy to look into it further.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
This is the recirculating air motor and flap and is located under the glovebox. Cheep Chinese parts that have broken on thousands of GM delta series vehicles. Some have fixed this issue themselves be rotating the motor gear 180*. Others have a simple fix, the flap (with recirc off) opens (comes forward) and just keeps banging the plastic, with recirc on it opens and its all good. The stealership will charge you about 200 bucks in parts and labor to fix this flaw and since your out of warranty, I would suggest to try the recirc button if you have one that works, try turning the gear or others have just ripped the plastic flap out.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Looks like you might have a broken cog on that flap mechanism. Remember recirculate button only works on first two settings according to manual anyways. When it is set to floor or defrost front windshield it will not activate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My cobalts making the same noise!

I'm doing some repairs on my cobalt this weekend and wanted to know if you figured out what the problem was? I am experiencing the same noise lasting the same duration as posted in your video. The noise is EXACTLY like and its been driving me nuts!

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Did you find anything out? My 08 Cobalt is making the SAME noise!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.