1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Best setup Cobalt SS/TC Shocks and Struts with Pedders Springs.

Coilovers are nice, but there is always things to adjust and it takes forever to do, you are better off with going for something that is already solid and requires no adjustment.

·
Registered
195 Posts
by the best thing for a cobalt you can do is fe5 lnf struts and pedders springs until you spend some money and get coilovers.....which if thats the case stance are the best ones out for these cars until you spend serious cash and get anze or ohlins.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I would much rather get the Fe5 ones cause of $. But I was worried about them going bad first like mine did after I put springs on, I have also talked to alot of people that said theres went bad real fast but thats the fe1 I have a ls. So the Fe5 is really that much better, I mean will it last a long time? I really want to do the whole Fe5 set up. Hows ride Quality? And these will last with sportlines. thanks

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
If you would really stick with the sportlines, they won't really last that long, I have heard sportlines are really just for lowering and not performance. Although Pedders are more expensive they are made for performance, they will still lower your car, but they will give you a better response in your turning, a difference you can feel, they get a strut bar for the rear, and that will really help. They will last for a long time, if you really want, PM WillBeck and he can tell you more, he has that set up.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
The only advantage to the Yellows is that they're adjustable. However, i can't remember exactly, but i don't think compression is adjustable, only rebound or visa versa. The TC combo is the best all around option.

Coilovers are hard because most people don't understand what the different settings effect, and other than the stiffer spring rates, actually reduce the cars handling ablility.

Handling is in the spring rates yes, but the valving of your shocks is by far and away the most important aspect of your ability to control the car.

Never overlook shocks.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Try Turbotechracing.com for them.

They are are out right now of the rear springs, as pedders makes them when they are order, Aaron is working on getting some.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Try Turbotechracing.com for them.

They are are out right now of the rear springs, as pedders makes them when they are order, Aaron is working on getting some.
Don't go to TTR. Ottperformance.com

OTTP will get them before TTR does, and OTT orders them in larger quantities.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

could someone put up a link for the pedders, I can't find them on crateenginedepot
Pedders are not sold on crateenginedepot.com. Try www.ottperformance.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
struts for the sportlines

I Already purchased the Eibach Sportline springs, so i figured that i would stick with those, I just got the MSR 043 17" rims with the falcon tires put on today, but i was waiting untill i get the struts to put the springs on. since i read on there those springs can kill the OEM struts (i have the 08 LT2 Sport) I was looking at the Koni's but i thought i would check with you guys before i purchase the struts since i already have the springs (that way i can wait to paint them all together (the joy of working on aircraft and learning about polyeurethane paint's flexability))

·
Registered
446 Posts
The front ones are easy to adjust because they are externally adjustable and you use a key at the top of the strut tower to adjust them. The rear ones are a little bit of pain because you have to take off the shock and twist the housing to adjust them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So would the Koni's be the best bet with the sportline springs? or does someone know of a better combination with these springs?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.