Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new rims were delivered today, so here's a quick pic. Forgive the dirtiness of the car, it rained this morning on my way to work. There are very few rims that will clear the Brembo calipers, but I like these. The tires are Falkens, same size as stock (18") 235/40's. Next on the list, lowering. These have the same profile as factory but I want to close the gap.
They are Enkei EKM3's

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx gang. I know it's a crappy picture. I'll clean the car up and get some better shots after work today. Also I am really happy with the Falkens. With my tune engaged the Dunlops would spin all the way through second and third, making throttle control necessary :) but these hook up really well with only a little bit of wheel spin thru second. Now to get to the track!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep, needs to go lower, which is weird because the rims and tires are the exact spec as the stockers, but these definately make it look like it needs lowered. That is the next move.
Beamer-- I'm holding on to the stockers for winter use. Thats why I replaced them because they have gotten kinda beat up from salt and crap in the winter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
at least yours was drool........:embarrest:

but anyways nice rims, im getting 18's next week but im not sure on what size tires to get how do you like yours?
I like the Falkens so far. Very grippy. With the tune engaged before it would spin all the way through first,second, and into third. Now it spins A LITTLE in second but hooks up really well. If I NLS first to second I still lay about a 20 ft patch but it still hooks up pretty good.

I put 400 miles on them yesterday I had to drive for a work meeting, I have to say also they are very good in the rain. The only bad I have to say they are rather harsh ride. But that's ok with me, it ain't a Cadillac!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.