Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have an amp sitting around my house doing nothing. 1200 watts, so i wanna put it to use. I want to add more kickers to my trunk but i dont kow what i sould do.

I originally wanted to get 2 10" L5s but now im debating because i can get a 12" L7 for the same price of the two l5s.

Im building a trunk set up this summer, and i thought it would look alot cooler have one l7 and two l5's rather then just two l7's. But now i dont know what do you guys think i should do. Also the amp is 1200 watts peak 600 watts rms, so it wont power the l7 as much as an l7 should be, but it will do a fine job with the l5s.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So i have an amp sitting around my house doing nothing. 1200 watts, so i wanna put it to use. I want to add more kickers to my trunk but i dont kow what i sould do.

I originally wanted to get 2 10" L5s but now im debating because i can get a 12" L7 for the same price of the two l5s.

Im building a trunk set up this summer, and i thought it would look alot cooler have one l7 and two l5's rather then just two l7's. But now i dont know what do you guys think i should do. Also the amp is 1200 watts peak 600 watts rms, so it wont power the l7 as much as an l7 should be, but it will do a fine job with the l5s.
Go with the setup you want, but purchase another, smaller amp. Run the L5's off the 1200 watt amp, and get like a 400 watt amp to push the L7. When you go to mount them, do a setup that leaves them exposed, with the smaller one sitting on a rack over top of the bigger. That would look hot, especially if you took and hid some LEDs under the bigger amp so they glow like an under carriage system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.