Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i know after beamer's post people may be a bit reluctant to buying lambo doors but they just look so sexxy on our car that i was doing somer esearch on pricing, and saw this site...looks pretty good for anyone looking to buy. I'm not looking to buy so this is really just for your info. Just thought it was a cool site and it does say direct bolt on no drilling welding etc....dunno to believe it or not lol. Have fun!

Chevrolet Cobalt Vertical Lambo Doors Bolt On 05 06 07 08 09 10

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
not a bad price, they do not seem to raise as high as the kit I have but some people do not mind that. If its really a made for specific car kit it maybe not be a too hard of an install but still need some skills and do not be surprised if you have to modify anything. I was not trying to discourage anyone from doing it, its just a good amount of work if you plan to do it yourself and really feel accomplished as to dropping off at a shop and paying for it to be done.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not a bad price, they do not seem to raise as high as the kit I have but some people do not mind that. If its really a made for specific car kit it maybe not be a too hard of an install but still need some skills and do not be surprised if you have to modify anything. I was not trying to discourage anyone from doing it, its just a good amount of work if you plan to do it yourself and really feel accomplished as to dropping off at a shop and paying for it to be done.
Yeah, if you are buying a direct bolt-on kit the doors will only go up to 75 degrees, so that no fender modification is needed which means true bolt-on doors. The only real modification I see here would eb to re-do the wiring to the door so that it is long enough etc. if I were to go with vertical doors I would forsure get a bolt-on kit. But, not lookin for these anytime soon so for now i'll shop for my other mods lol

·
Say What again!
6,397 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
X2 at the damn poster. Its so overrated at this point, I hate cars with them :mad:- except for real Lambos

·
Registered
80 Posts
that purple car is fn sick!

·
Registered
80 Posts
where can i see more of it? i love that thing! definately my fav cobalt i have seen. i may end up doing the lambo door thing. had them before on my 2g eclipse. anyone have this kit?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Some days (when I'm in a parking lot/etc) I WISH I had them, our doors are so f'ing long! I have a sharp driveway and if you are facing downwards, be careful as it feels like the doors will rip right off if you loose your grip.
I'm still torn. Looks - they are nice. Functionality in our cars - they are REAL handy.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
im not a fan of lambo doors. I have been told that the fitment is never exact as stock and can have some leaks and whatnot. Not worth the hassle if you ask me. I lie how our doors open almost 90 degreese though.

·
Say What again!
6,397 Posts
Only one Lambo has Lambo's from the factory today, that is the MurcelegrosFDsFDS however ya spell it haha. A Gallardo, as pictured in the overdone poster, does not come with them, so that is a Fail on the poster makers part.
Murcielago.

And that was the point of the poster, if you read it.

"So played out even lambos don't have them" - meaning, everyone overplayed Lambo doors, so Lambos don't have them.

Obviously, that's not the real reason, but it does work for the poster fairly well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.