Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this guy on instagram with lambo doors, and turns out he is getting rid of them and is looking for stock hinges again, out of curiosity if i bought them what would be the price of these now, that they are used, whats a rough price i could purchase them for?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
How old are you?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid $450 for mine when I had my SS. Only reason I bought them was the price. Its not an easy job... well it is but its involved, couple of friends makes it easier.
i see, any major mods to get them in? (cut fenders etc) personally i think they look sick on the cobalt, with such big doors ;D

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm just wondering because at 14 I thought those were cool, now not so much. I was just curious but I see how you could take it wrong, all the power to you but price depending especially with a SC kit for not much more than those hinges new.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
The cobalt does, atleast the SS or one with an SS kit does look good imo with the kit

this is mine... cough, was mine :(

You do not have to cut your inner fender, I did but I probably could of gotten by with rolling the fender. You do have to cut your wheel well liner/guard though.

Then its all about getting the brackets on without taking the door off. That is where a couple of friends come in handy to hold door as you remove stock hinges and replace with the kit. Once all that is done its a matter of getting the door to close like stock which can be frustrating as crap.

As I said, I got a good deal on them so I went ahead and because I was literally at a car show every weekend during the nice months and even a few in the "off season." I got lots of compliments. A few idiotic remarks but most kept their mouth shut about them once they saw my car had a good bit of go.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cobalt does, atleast the SS or one with an SS kit does look good imo with the kit

this is mine... cough, was mine :(

You do not have to cut your inner fender, I did but I probably could of gotten by with rolling the fender. You do have to cut your wheel well liner/guard though.

Then its all about getting the brackets on without taking the door off. That is where a couple of friends come in handy to hold door as you remove stock hinges and replace with the kit. Once all that is done its a matter of getting the door to close like stock which can be frustrating as crap.

As I said, I got a good deal on them so I went ahead and because I was literally at a car show every weekend during the nice months and even a few in the "off season." I got lots of compliments. A few idiotic remarks but most kept their mouth shut about them once they saw my car had a good bit of go.
wow, great, car looks sharp man what happened?

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

I'm just wondering because at 14 I thought those were cool, now not so much. I was just curious but I see how you could take it wrong, all the power to you but price depending especially with a SC kit for not much more than those hinges new.
everyone has a different taste man, i think they look sharp and would definitely turn heads where i live

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Sold it. I sent the guy who bought it an email the other day asking how it was but havent heard back. I was going to offer to buy it back if it was still in good condition. I had to take the kit off before I sold it though, mainly because I had replaced the driver door after a strut went out and they asked me to put the stock hinges back on the passenger side before they came to get it. They got a helluva deal too, I let it go with everything I had for it, stock parts and all the upgraded stuff.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold it. I sent the guy who bought it an email the other day asking how it was but havent heard back. I was going to offer to buy it back if it was still in good condition. I had to take the kit off before I sold it though, mainly because I had replaced the driver door after a strut went out and they asked me to put the stock hinges back on the passenger side before they came to get it. They got a helluva deal too, I let it go with everything I had for it, stock parts and all the upgraded stuff.
im sorry to hear that man, its forsure a sharp looking car you had there!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
never let anyone talk you out of what you want or might think is cool. Unless completely ridiculous. If I had listened to forum members my cobalt would of been just like any other rally yellow cobalt. Mine stood out, in a good way for me. Maybe a bad way for others but it got attention, 98% of the people who saw it commented how it was so "cool" and such.

I loved the haters though, nothing better than, than listening to people get all mad because of what I did to my car. Being called a ricer and than busting their ass in whatever they were driving.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
never let anyone talk you out of what you want or might think is cool. Unless completely ridiculous. If I had listened to forum members my cobalt would of been just like any other rally yellow cobalt. Mine stood out, in a good way for me. Maybe a bad way for others but it got attention, 98% of the people who saw it commented how it was so "cool" and such.

I loved the haters though, nothing better than, than listening to people get all mad because of what I did to my car. Being called a ricer and than busting their ass in whatever they were driving.
thanks man, means alot youre my inspiration!

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I payed 550 for mine
brand new?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
As long as you don't buy an aftermarket aluminum wing like this kid on CSS everyone flamed I don't really care, it's just that you've mentioned about 2k in mods in the past two days that are only visual mods.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
eh.... most of the mods on my car will be visual.. i still need it to be super reliable and get good gas mileage so no go fast parts.... BUT i still like to have a nice looking vehicle

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I agree but projectors are a very welcome addition at night and what else wheels and lowering, I'd consider the suspension a nice performance aspect too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.