Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in gettin lambo doors on my coupe ls and was wanderin if its really as simple as it sounds.They have a kit on ebay for like 400 with free shipping and is alot cheaper than i have seen in other place..so if anyone has info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

R

·
0 Posts
depending on the kit it can be really easy or it can be really tough. Whatever you do, prepare to be flamed if you put lambo doors on.

·
Registered
485 Posts
There's nothing wrong with lambo doors IMO, but as with everything else, you get what you pay for. I guarentee you that there is a reason the ones on ebay are only $400. I would just save up your money and get a good kit

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO Dont do it. If its an everyday driver you will regret it. Your doors will never line up the same and you will always be replacing parts. Leaks out the ass and its a huge headache!!!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
IMO, if this is just your daily driver, please dont. i know it looks good, but its a big headache. not to mention expensive. that could be money well spent elsewhere

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
^^^^ Completly Agree

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just think stuff like that looks soooooo tacky. Form over function.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've looked into them quite a bit and most of the kits that are cheaper are most likely weld-on's and that takes a lot of work. If that was me I would get the bolt-ons, They're suppose to be easier install and fit better. Like PLUR said "you get what you pay for".

·
Registered
575 Posts
Think about 400 dollars. You can put thaty in your engine or in the performance area. How about some angel eyes for looks? Tint? Better visual mods can be done IMO.

·
Banned
384 Posts
i think theyre kinda a cool idea considerin the doors on these cars make me feel like im in a space ship lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
Think about 400 dollars. You can put thaty in your engine or in the performance area. How about some angel eyes for looks? Tint? Better visual mods can be done IMO.
Yea, but maybe he doesn't care about performance? And as far as angel eyes, maybe he doesn't like them. I personally don't like the way they look at all. I say that if he wants lambo doors, then go for it. Just please don't buy the cheap ones. You will end up regretting it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah never go cheap on anything. I was just simply offering suggestions. IMO I think its a huge waste of money for a door that opens a different way. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hell I been thinking about getting the Flip Flop truck kit, anyone know anything about the quality of these?

·
Registered
673 Posts

I thought that was appropriate for here. :)

Seriously though you get what you pay for. Lambo doors work right and line up good on a Lambo because they put more R and D into a set of doors then went into your entire car. With that said I hardly think a 400$ lambo door kit works well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.