Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's a guy at work that i'm pretty cool with and he just bought a new 08' Lancer GTS and he wants to race me. i really haven't done too much research on his car but i was just wondering what you guys think i would fair against this guy with my set up?

personally i think its a beautiful car and here's a pic from his myspace.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
id say take his ass, just depends on the setup he has, (5spd, etc.) His car has about 150 horsepower (2.0 4cyl). You have him beat on weight ratio. So i woud say you could probably take him.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea...those things are slow as molasses. But you do have a 2.2L sedan... He has 152hp and 146 ft-lbs. with a curb weight of over 3000 lbs (minus driver). A 7.7 0-60 time and 16 flat in the quarter. You have a couple mods so id be willing to bet itd be close, but id give you the edge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My ex had one. Smoke him! You can do it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
you have a good chance of beating him or wait until you install the B&M shiftplus kit haha

·
Registered
594 Posts
eh 145hp bone stock cobalt up against a 170hp sentra I don't know,if you're lucky with your shifting if its manual and that the other driver can't shift for shit,but who knows if both vehicles have mods done,I am sure the cobalt can win,hell if a lame civic with a v-takk can beat a sentra type r then why can't a cobalt:p.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have new tires that need breaking in so that Shift + will be fun

But we plan to do a run this weekend at the track and maybe one on the street if safely possible.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah go for it,hey I tried to take a picture of the splicing,but I have tape wrap around it so it can cover up the wires.If you have a cobaltss.net account this one guy did the same thing I did but he has a 05 vehicle and for some strange reason the 05 and 06 transmissions wiring are a little different,but fallow the picture or what he did which he explains. Cobalt SS Network
when you get that shift+ going,you won't want to go back to regular settings:p.

·
Registered
594 Posts
oh hey,you will have a chance against a lancer lol,I just beat a eclipse not even a hour ago.That shift kit will give you a advantage for sure.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Go for it ....you will def win....MAke sure you race for money so this way you can fill your tank and get some extra money on the side

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
my brother just bought tht car with the CVT engine. OMFG if you think you've been in a slow car, you havnt! go for a ride in one of these things, a 2008 luxary car is not fast, its like 4000 pounds. There is no way he can beat you, and aside from the rediciolous amout ofweight, the cvt is the stuipedest thing they did to the car, it makes it even slower then it should be. But other then its speed it is one nice car.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think the body style of that car is just disgusting. It is a hidious looking car in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.