Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hello everyone. I have searched the forum for a post related to my problem but I have not found it so I apologize if this is a repost.

Recently my wife, who drives a 07 Cobalt LS, cracked her oil pan. I replaced it no problem with that. I jacked the car up today after she drove it to check the seals and noticed a leak to the right of the oil pan on the passenger side. A puddle of water (I'm assuming because it had no odor, color, and felt like water) formed. I wiped it with a dry shop towel and it looks like the leak is coming from a seal between a flat piece with a circular protrusion and the under frame. I'm not sure if this is condensation from the A/C unit, but it seemed like a large amount of water to be just that. If anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The coolant is fine. She always has the air on. This morning was only about 65 degrees out. I've seen it drip before but never gush out like this morning.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, that is normal especially on a warm humid day. When you stop and the ice melts of the cooling air exchanger. It usually comes out the black plastic drain from the bottom of the firewall passenger side. Sometimes up to a quart of water can drain out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.