Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found fluid is leaking from my car (2007 2.2 ecotec, 5spd manual) a few days ago, only when I turn, either direction. The fluid has the viscosity of water, it's not particularly oily. I assume it's coolant.
I checked the undercarriage, which was dry as a bone. I checked the inside of the exhaust pipe, because I know a lot of condensation can come from there (which has only been happening since I installed a flowmaster series 40), but it was dry, as well.
So I cracked open the hood, and I noticed that the part which is circled in red in the first photo was wet. Not soaking or spraying, but it was definitely wet.
Also, this being the first time I cracked the hood since my clutch and clutch slave were replaced, I noticed that i could see the ground through the engine compartment (2nd photo), which I never recalled being able to do before. So my first question is: what is the circled part.
My second question: Should there be something where this hole is?
Thanks in advance, folks!

·
Registered
713 Posts
In the first pic, if youre just referring to that metal piping, that looks the same as it does in my engine bay.

Im not sure about the 2nd pic though because Ive got an automatic and know there could be a difference down in that area. Im not at my car now, but I know theres a part there and some tubing, but I can see ground through there as well. You dont seem to have the part Im thinking of, I dont know its name, but its a polished aluminum cube on top of black plastic housing basically with some stiff, small black piping coming out the top of it...

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Ah, found a pic I had already of it...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
1) If A/C piping... this will form water droplets when engine is running and A/C is on. Very normal.

2) Don't know exactly at what UR pointing at... sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:)

Thanks, folks.
I'm pointing at a hole in the lower area of the engine bay, I just don't recall there being that much space in there before. Like I said, I hadn't paid much attention to it, and the car seems to be running normally, so I'm not too concerned about it. Just random curiosities.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The part that you have circled in the first photo is your low pressure side A/C line and it gets very cold so if it is warm out and the pipe is about 40 degreese then that will build condensation due to the temperature difference and drip the condensation onto the ground. This is natural and nothing to worry about. It is suppose to do that. And i dont believe that anything belongs in the gap you are pointing to

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Ya, that gap is normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.