Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has an '08 G5 base with the standard urethane steering wheel with NO Cruise or Remote Radio Controls, no buttons at all.
I see have found an '08 black leather wheel with both the Cruise buttons AND the Remote Radio Contols. I'm sure the wheel will fit and her base center unit airbag will bolt up and electrically fit, but how about the the button features??? Is the base G5 pre-wired for the radio controls and that feature will now work with this new wheel? Or No? How about the cruise?? Is the base G5 "cruise equipped" and just needs the button wheel to work? Or the wheel will not work even with the wheel buttons unless other items are pre-installed or added???
Can someone give me the "ins and outs" of this? Am looking at a possible X-Mas gift and needed to know all before I do this.....
Thanks for any and all help on this!!!

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Might get the cruise working as long as the wiring matches up AND you can get the ECM reflashed with the VIN of a G5 that has the same options as the friends G5 + cruise. I think too that a knowledgable GM tech, who will spend the time, can enable the cruise. Not an easy "install-and-drive" addition without someone who can work the ECM.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/8854-cruise-control.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.