Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my dash lights are out and one on my steering wheel controls.. I wanted to change them all out with new leds and change the color, i have an 06 cobalt ss 2.4 what led size do i need and v amount and about how many to do dash, steering wheel and window swjtches?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
How good are you at soldering? IMO you should get 12 volt LED's, probably 3mm for steering wheel and 5 mm for cluster. Depending on how much of a perfectionist you are will determine the amount of LED's you will need for the cluster.

http://www.led-switch.com/12 volt LED.htm

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would a perfectionist tell the amount of leds? Can i add any amount or is there a specific amount of , and i can solder pretty good

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
A perfectionist would not like bright spots and dark spots. You can add safely any amount until current draw equals original design. Since an LED nominally pulls 1/10 the current of a bulb you could in fact install up to 10 LEDs for every bulb you replace.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There is already one by Acoutu I believe.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I went there but couldn't find the 12 v ones if they aren't 12 v then you need a resister. The link that cont posted if you want perfection buy those.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.