Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed blue led lights in the footwell of my cobalt, and now im looking at replacing the dome light with a blue led light as well, what is the best and easiest way to do this. ive seen people put them led light pad (probably not correct term) in them, how hard is it to install that?

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Yeah I have the led light square thing.. it's ready easy. You just take the old light bulb out and the new one has a a cylinder looking thing with two metal pieces on each end. All you do is put the cylinder piece in place of the light bulb and you're done

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
just make sure there is sometimes a slight dim light from those leds EVEN when the light is off. this is because the stock bulb has a lower resistance so it stays off but the leds take very little power to go on. You may need to put in a resistor (I had to do it for mine)

·
Registered
34 Posts
just make sure there is sometimes a slight dim light from those leds EVEN when the light is off. this is because the stock bulb has a higher resistance so it says off but he leds take very little power to go on. you may need to put in a resistor (i had to do it for mine)
Mine is on dim all the time while the car is running, I don't know why I didn't think about throwing a resistor into the mix. I just ordered a couple hundred resistors for another project I'm working on anyway so I'll try it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.