Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a website that sells led lights with a switch already connected to it?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a how to? Can someone please explain how to do it..Like BARNEY style??? lol

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
ok from led or neon lights, black ground to negative on switch. red power to power on switch. from ther the power goes to radio fuse with an add a fuse. black negative goes to any ground on car

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
add a fuse has the two prongs like a regular fuse but has two spots on top where you can addone or two fuses and has a wire where the power would be connected to it. the two prongs would go where the radio fuse goes. or any fuse in the interior fuse box. i did my setup like this.

used autozone neon tubes, cut the cigarette lighter off and connected them to a switch

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
LED Interior Lighting Kits

if you going to interior lighting this is the way to go because its like twenty bucks or so per neon bar and with one of those kits you can choose the color and get four LED bars and have seven different settings and all you do is run a power wire to the battery and then ground it out wit the ground wire. the hardest part about the install is hiding all the wires haha

the pictures arent very good quality but can help ya

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm..Thanks both of you..I wanna be different..which color would go best?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
if you keep your car clean i would say white

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I'd say blue. i got silver balt, gonna do blue underdash, like I had in my civic. \hiding wires is not hard, theres plenty of spaces to hide them, the most important is hiding the tubes so you don't see the LED's. I'll upload pics when i finish my install nxt week, perhaps I'll write up a how-to.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
so for interior leds what would be the tools and supplies needed? and would it be easy for someone to do with no experience in this department at all?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
forget blue or white, get black lights, that would make it look sick,,,,,then again blue looks sick as hell, i have blue n i love it

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
so for interior leds what would be the tools and supplies needed? and would it be easy for someone to do with no experience in this department at all?

So easy even a caveman can do it. Lol

all you would need is a switch, wire strippers, wire connectors and an add a fuse. Zip ties too. One thin I remembered now is that most switches have three prongs to connect wires to. Power from neon tube goes on switch and from switch to fuse box. The ground on the tube goes on the switch also but you don't have to run it to a car ground. It just connects to the switch.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so only one wire comes out of the neon tube?? And I know blue is sick...I have blue right now...I just want something different...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
so only one wire comes out of the neon tube?? And I know blue is sick...I have blue right now...I just want something different...
theres two wirees that come out of the neon tube. power and ground. ground goes to ground on switch and power to power.

heres a pic of the add a fuse power wire from neon tube gets connected to the blue and you can see the slots on top where the fuses go. the two prongs on bottom go on the fuse box. just pick a slot.

i would look at the fuse box diagram, there it should tell you what are spare slots to where you can connect to get power

number 21, 14, 12 u can use

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.