Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
find the dome light fuse...and run the power wire into it and ground them somewhere...

·
Registered
45 Posts
LED's

i ran a separate set under my dash, and above my headlights. My dad taught me the fuse box tricks years back but watch out u can blow fuses.

I ran mine to the AUX cigarette lighter power source, then added a voice activated switch, any time a bump or slight vibration they come on... or i can turn em' on to stay on but when the music beats then lights come on.

The Blue lights above my headlights look like i am a Cop at night with the right song.

When u got the LED's from eBay were the wires very small gauge also?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
because the dome light runs differently than a normal light in the car, the if you test it out, the dome light has a constat + source and its the negative source that gets opened and closed. On your lights, wire them up to a constant + source like the battery or whatever and then ground them to the dome light

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
because the dome light runs differently than a normal light in the car, the if you test it out, the dome light has a constat + source and its the negative source that gets opened and closed. On your lights, wire them up to a constant + source like the battery or whatever and then ground them to the dome light
how would i ground it to the dome light

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
using either the black wire on the backside of the assembly, or by taking the lens off the light, then it'll just be like a flourescant bulb, looks like this ->
....._____.....
U=(_____)=U one of the "U"s will be the ground...lol

basically what Camo is saying is that when the dome is off, the ground is discontinued, therefore the circuit isnt completed, so no light, if you run into the ground, when the switch allows the circuit to be completed, they will be on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.