Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have these Led strips that I found at the house and they're 12v and I was wanting to put red LEDs in my car underneath the dash and maybe in the grill, is there any way I can wire these to maybe the shift indicator light or something I've seen threads about this but idk much about resistors and all that jazz.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That looks like a nightmare.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Get a water proof twelve volt LED strip reel and do it right. Don't use the voltage at shifter bulb, use the one at pin"B12" of connector "C3" of the "BCM" depending on how much current you're going to draw. .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I'll do that, where can I get one of those? How would I connect them to b12 and how would I do it if u want to add a switch?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well if you absolutely want red here would be a good place to start maybe. Unless you don't like to buy from China. But price is right

5M 300 LED 3528 SMD Red Waterproof Strip Flexible Car Bulb Lamp light Free Shipping! - US$13.57

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Tell us exactly what you want to do, so we don't lead you in the wrong direction. Because you can put a switch anywhere in the line either on the positive wire or the negative side going to ground. Do you want to hide the switch or do you want your car to look like a helicopter cockpit. Are you handy with a soldering iron or would prefer crimp connectors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.