Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
honestly is streetglow brand worth the 70 bucks more? and i have never done anything like this my buddy is going to install it and all i need to do is order it so.. tips on shopping for it and what to buy

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
your probably fine buying a ebay neon kit. streetglow has just been around a long time and is well known

·
Registered
455 Posts
i have streetglow. i didnt know what i was doing so i wanted a company that gave me all the instructions and everything. idk about anything else but streetglow is some great stuff. not sure comparitively if its worth it though

·
Registered
750 Posts
I had a streetglow kit for awhile and when the control module went out they replaced it free of charge. They stand behind their products and usually offer pretty good customer service. However streetglow is a little pricey. I ended up destroying my kit during the winter so I am just going to go with Led Glow next time around. A buddy of mine has them and for the price they are pretty good. I also liked that they came in a small rectangular tube that hides and mounts better IMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First make sure the lights use LED's and NOT Neon Tubes. There is no flexibility.You dont really "bust" led tubes. And if you did, the LEd's still work. So you are good. Neon tubes are fairly fragile, and I would stay away from them.

As far as names, you should be focused on features/colors. Wireless or not. Flashes/glowes/pulses. Can you actively select mutli colors? That type stuff. I dont think names matter all that much.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i had led glow on my balt. and never had a problem you can get the full underglow set from there sight for about 50 bucks. if you get the expandable one and decide to get whell well lights then you don't have to worry about the wiring as much. it'd be easier to expand the wiring and have them light at the same time and everything

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I had the LEDglow kit on my car and it worked great. Really bright, clear blue lighting. Just make sure you hide your tubes lol! I actually broke one LED tube on my side, i really had to hit it hard though. I bottomed out rthat side and all the LED's still worked great, i just had a crack in the tube that was pretty minor issue. Good luck on selecting your kit! Oh and LED's take wayy less power which means more power to sound system and/or other lighting etc.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I had the LEDglow kit on my car and it worked great. Really bright, clear blue lighting. Just make sure you hide your tubes lol! I actually broke one LED tube on my side, i really had to hit it hard though. I bottomed out rthat side and all the LED's still worked great, i just had a crack in the tube that was pretty minor issue. Good luck on selecting your kit! Oh and LED's take wayy less power which means more power to sound system and/or other lighting etc.
yea hide your tubes cuz you dont wanna get pulled over,,,ive gotten pulled over 3 times :p n now i have court in a few days lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive been looking around at reviews and stuff on LED's. As far as Ive read, LED Glow sounds and looks pretty good at a great price. I think Im gonna get their kit for my own car. Streetglow is great quality too, but your paying more for the name

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.