·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well it's not my cup of tea, but if you like lighting inside you car I think that's pretty darn cool!

Does it flash or change colors? Synch it with music?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

It's only red. It flashes, fades, stays solid, or can sync with music. I'll just keep it on solid unless I'm showing someone the different modes. I like subtle lighting effects. For some reason, the pics are brighter than the lights actually are. That'll be all the interior lighting I do, though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
actually I was just thinking of that. If it was more subtle it would look better, plus your car's red so I guess it would jive with it.

it probably came out brighter because the camera's shutter is in night mode so it stayed open too long.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was originally going to get the multi-colored kit but no color really works with red except red. I'm happy with it and it was only 40 bucks.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
cool. I hardwired my interior kit. I also only have them in the front, none behind the seats, I think it's too much. It looks clean though. Most new cars come with the option of under-dash lighting, which is why I find this a good mod that ppl can't really make fun of. But as for under-car/under-body lighting, I've graduated from that phase lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a big fan here!

Definitely want to get some in my car eventually, just don't have any money at the time and I'm clueless on how to do it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks good, it's on my list of things to do to my car, where did you mount them under the seat?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool. I hardwired my interior kit. I also only have them in the front, none behind the seats, I think it's too much. It looks clean though. Most new cars come with the option of under-dash lighting, which is why I find this a good mod that ppl can't really make fun of. But as for under-car/under-body lighting, I've graduated from that phase lol.
Me too. Not that I don't like it, I just won't ever do it on my car.

I'm a big fan here!

Definitely want to get some in my car eventually, just don't have any money at the time and I'm clueless on how to do it.
Thanks!

The kit cost $37.99 so it wasn't a big hit on the wallet and it's very simple to install. It took me a couple hours. Maybe I'll do a how-to on it, unless there already is one.

Looks good, it's on my list of things to do to my car, where did you mount them under the seat?
Thanks!

They're mounted to the black bar that runs horizontal on the bottom of the seat. I have them zip tied and the wires run under the center console and up into the dash. I have the junction box (where you plug in the lights) mounted with velcro to the steel strap that's uner the knee bolster panel. I mounted the box inside the little compartment where the trunk release button is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was originally going to get the multi-colored kit but no color really works with red except red. I'm happy with it and it was only 40 bucks.
was it a complete kit u found somewhere for 40 or did u piece it together.. if its a kit, where did u find it.. im trying to do alot of cheap mods for strickly apperance and this is for sure on my list of things to do

·
Registered
232 Posts
was it a complete kit u found somewhere for 40 or did u piece it together.. if its a kit, where did u find it.. im trying to do alot of cheap mods for strickly apperance and this is for sure on my list of things to do
Its a kit from LEDGlow. I have a few of their kits and the work really well. Currently im in the process of getting rid of the control boxes for a simple toggle switch as I never use any of the settings besides solid(I think flashing to the music is tacky).

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! i did the same to my red ls but only to the front.. :/ i wanna do the back but have no idea where to mount them and where to hide the wire and have it so i can slide my seats back and fourth still. i have a two door and always have people sitting in the back. but props looks NICE!!!! giving me the motivation to figure out the back for my car haha :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its a kit from LEDGlow. I have a few of their kits and the work really well. Currently im in the process of getting rid of the control boxes for a simple toggle switch as I never use any of the settings besides solid(I think flashing to the music is tacky).
do u have a link to where u found it or did u just get if from advanced/autozone/pepboys etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LEDGlow Lighting, LLC – Automotive & Motorcycle LED Accent Light Kits

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! i did the same to my red ls but only to the front.. :/ i wanna do the back but have no idea where to mount them and where to hide the wire and have it so i can slide my seats back and fourth still. i have a two door and always have people sitting in the back. but props looks NICE!!!! giving me the motivation to figure out the back for my car haha :)
I mounted mine on the horizontal bar that's on the bottom of the seat. I used zip ties and got them as tight as possible. As for the wire, I ran it underneath the sliders and up under the side of the center console, then to the dash behind the radio and finally up under the steering column. The wire is okay under the sliders as long as you leave slack and there's plenty of it.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I agree. If you find a way to bypass that box, let us all know. I'd like to do the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.