Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the title explains it all now my car smells horrible anybody know how to get the smell out. Also the seats stained because I was sick for 3 days and the window was down the whole time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I dont want to have to replace the whole back seat and rip up carpet but, unless someone has a better solution it looks like im stuck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill try lysol the shampoo stuff I used didnt work but hell Ill try anything at this point the seats are already stained.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the stuff from auto zone and went to a wash it yourself place dirt came up but smell is still there someone was telling me about this stuff that will get skunk smell out of fabric and it would work on anything. Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
618 Posts
get like a house shampoo company like stanley steamer to clean it.....my neighbor has a shampoo buz and he does my car smells and looks new they can at least get most of it out.....good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
GF works for Stanley steemer FREE CAR CLEANING +1 Me... I'll send her your way :blink:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
yeah, the car shampoo things at the car wash blow chode. you need an actual heavy duty steam cleaner or deep shampooing device

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok for the stains is there a good seat cover made for the cobalt. NO leather cant stand it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i had a car come in awhile back to my work it flooded around her house had to replace the carpet and carpet liner (that was as high as the water went..) if everything is smelling you will have to replace it all even if the smell goes you could have problems with stuff like mold and things of that nature... i know its a pain but got to do what you got to do! good luck ... check some junk yards for used seats

think of it as a chance to upgrade your interior heh (i dont know what your old interior looked like)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hey cookie..
Chances are the carpet AND the jute insulation UNDER the carpet was soaked and it gettin/gotten moldy. U cannot remove that with Fabreeze or topical shampoos. U will have to remove the carpet (not a big job actually), clean the carpet thouroughly and DRY completely before re-install. Clean and dry metal floor with cleaner too.. If carpet and insul. are marginal... replace both parts. I would be hesitant to reuse either unless smell is 100% out of 'em. After you close it up in a car,, any smell will be a lot stronger!! GM oem may be a little pricey. Check your local dealer on replacement carpet assembly, but a lot of aftermarket out there that sell replacements with the backing, custom fit for your car,, great time to upgrade!! Hope that helps you.. Went through this with an 02 Grand Prix!!

GTO 1

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't thing shampoos and covers are gonna fix your issue. I think the money spent so far and what U will spend on cosmetic changes (covers) will exceed what you need to spend to pick up one or two seat assemblies from a salvage yard. They bolt right in, super easy!! Cheapest way to rid the smell and update materials and years.
I think you re going to find, cleaning will be a loss with the smell returning in a short time. Like the carpet, the water/smell is down deep in the seat and foam padding etc...

GTO 1

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are no cobalts in any junkyards anywhere close to where I live. And the seat is fine no smell just a little discoloration my only problem is the carpet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.