Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo people have been telling me that blue interior LEDs in my car are illegal :[ i'm from NC if that helps. Is this true? If so how about white?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
as long as they arent above the side windows i dont see the problem in them, and underglow is just gay so dont get it...

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
i like under glow that's all In you own opinion stuff but the under dash l.e.ds are fine like he said unless there visible outside the car im sure it will be fine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where at in NC? I'm in Kannapolis... close to charlotte, sort of.

I have interior LEDs, and I've never gotten any trouble for them... the obvious solution is to turn them off if you get pulled over, before the cop can see them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have LEDglows wired into interior lights fuse, so i can turn them on any time, but i have to turn them on... kinda wana swap it out for the million color with wireless remote, so i can turn it on before i get in.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If they are visible from the outside, any red or blue light is illegal(impersonating a cop). Per most states only "legal" colors are: front--clear or amber, back--red or amber, sides--amber. Now of course different places can have different laws and all depends on if the law enforcement official including military ones know what they are doing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm in elkin, close to winston salem.
and alright thanks. I'm going to take the chance!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
there illegal in new york. And underglow IS gay. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Why should they be illegal, if done right underglow lighting actually looks good. Done wrong, well different story.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i have neons both exterior and interior, and I LOVE THEM :-D thats all that matters, im glad Ohio lets me drive with them on! and im putting in engine bay neons soon

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
so should ugly 2 tone silver cars :nuts:

j/k, but really, we don't rag on you for things we don't like. Just because you're not a fan, doesn't mean you gotta be a douche about it. to each his own.
ur right.. my car's hideous. doesnt deserve to even be on here.

to each his own... u gotta guide people in the right direction. most neons look like garbage. i have yet to see someone do it on something and it look good.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
again the, to each his own..."all neons are gay" is your OPINION and not exactly constructive criticism.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

And to put my 2 cents in: I live in hawaii and the law in hawaii is that it is illegal to have any blue lights in your car period. Even if they are turned off. And this includes the little blinking LED most people have for their alarms.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
i never said neons were homosexual

said they should be illegal.

people hate on cobalts because of mods like that. cuz most of the time its a base 2.2 with big stupid wing with neons badly placed and they look like garbage.

·
Registered
872 Posts
u should be ok w/ interior neons.

as for underglows, DO NOT GET THEM. they are gay. not an opinion either, just a fact. they're always extremely stupid and only something ricers put on their car.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

so should ugly 2 tone silver cars :nuts:

j/k, but really, we don't rag on you for things we don't like. Just because you're not a fan, doesn't mean you gotta be a douche about it. to each his own.
actually ive seen his car and its sexy as fawk. and hes 100% right. neons are stupid. put them on if u want to be a ricer and be laughed at. there is no to each his own. they are gay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.