Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the smoked headlight/taillight covers legal for CA? Also anyone have any pics of them installed? Thanks a lot have a good monday!:nuts:

·
Registered
85 Posts
im not to sure on if they are legal. i had mine done and i live in az and i got pulled over for a blue led license plate light and the cop told me to take the headlight covers off. he didnt site me or anything on it tho..

heres some pics

and heres them on my car

im actually selling or trading them to.. check the for sale threads

·
Registered
85 Posts
oh those shouldnt be because its not preventing any light from goin through it. theyre pretty much like eyelids but a little more to em..
ive never seen those, theyre pretty sick

·
Registered
48 Posts
I asked a sheriff... here in GEORGIA and he said that nothing can be blocking the light going through the lense......paint or cover etc.... so therefore he said it is ILLEGAL......many ppl have done this to their lights, so its sort of a gamble.... you could get a ticket or you may get away w/ it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
in colorado headlights are illegal but apparently taillights are not if they can be seen within 500 feet

·
Registered
14 Posts
i believe that california law states that tail lights have to be red and visible from 1000 feet away, i think front covers should be okay as long as you dont use them at night. I also live in california and have tinted tails and havent had any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.