Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really quite confused as to whether the K&N 69 series is legal on my '09 Cobalt LS 2.2 in New Jersey. I'm looking into buying it but I don't want to end up with issues that lead me to having to take it off. A cursory look at the info sheet on the K&N website says it's not legal, but the wording of laws and all that nonsense confuses the hell out of me. So I was wondering if there was any Cobalts in New Jersey that have this intake on an '07 or newer, which the website seems to say is ILLEGAL due to emissions standards. Someone please explain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little more research and it seems it's not a HUGE deal in NJ but apparently state inspections are much more strict in California. From what I learned, it seems in California the emissions standards are really strict therefore making the inspections for it very strict. But New Jersey is apparently one of a handful of states that adopted CA's standards. But it seems the inspections still aren't as strict here in NJ. Ah what the hell, I'm willing to take the risk! xD

·
Registered
107 Posts
Worst case scenario, keep your stock intake (instead of selling like most would do) and swap back come inspection time if its ever an issue.
Glad I don't have any emmisions in my area.
Brake tag inspection consists of-
lights
brakes
horn
motor
That's it.
Now, other parts of Louisiana follow emissions. Just got lucky with where I am stuck.

·
Registered
949 Posts
No inspections in Oklahoma at all. It can be scary driving around knowing that. I've seen missing lug nuts, dragging exhaust tips, missing bumpers, and all sorts of other dangerous nonsense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.