Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i must admit, the cops here are really getting on my nerves.

On my way home, go to pull onto my street for the nice few minutes till i get in bed, come around the corner, and find a cop, lights on, and he's in the middle of the road!

I was thinking WTF is this?!?!?!?!

sure enough, he stops me, and asks for license, registration, and insurance(which i diligently give him).

then he goes, and asks me if i have any weapons or narcotics? i am thinking to myself, do i look like i have any? i just want to get home and go to bed!

so, then he eyeballs my ride, takes his flashlight, and walks around it, not once, not twice, but three times! looking for little things.

Now i have a list of things that he said were illegal, but really arent:

Halo projectors(due to the three little not bright LED's above the rings)
the stick on sunshade(other cops dont give me crap for it, cause it's not illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
my rear dash lights(which were on at the time i turned the corner, cause i wasnt on the highway, i was on my little quiet residential road, almost home, and i want to enjoy my lights!)

Surprisingly, got no flakk for my butchered exhaust, only cause he saw the factory tip, lol

So now i have a $115 fine for the rear dash lights, and a warning to replace my headlights, and remove my cheap, LEGAL sunshade!

i hate cops when they are looking for trouble.

what made it worse, a local in a Lincoln was hiding behind the cop, with the rear bumper facing backwards, so i couldnt see it. I know where he lives, and am going to confront him in a few days, when he isnt hiding.......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just trying to make his quota, double check your laws and assure your self that you're not in the wrong and take his ass to court if you're correct. "Evil prevails when good men fail to act..."

·
Registered
5 Posts
^^^^ i like that quote haha^^^^ ya cops around here only mess with u when ur doing somthing wrong haha, or if you look hispanic, racist mofos, my friend drives a murdered out s10 xtreme and hes always getting tickets haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just trying to make his quota, double check your laws and assure your self that you're not in the wrong and take his ass to court if you're correct. "Evil prevails when good men fail to act..."
Sorry to burst your bubble but they don't have "quota" for tickets.

·
Banned
384 Posts
actually they do. ^^

P1mpsy0r1c3 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

or atleast the cops in tucson do

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea. Cops around here look for stupid shit like that too

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah it is a common misconception that police have quotas they need to get on tickets....blah blah blah blah. All the friends I have in law enforcement in different states say otherwise.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am in canada, and they still have the "quota" system here

as a matter of fact, tickets get thrown out of court for just that reason -caught giving tickets out just to meet a quota-

as for the other things he BS'd about, i removed the "offending LEDs from the halo projectors, and am now in the process of remounting them elsewhere, and the sun sticker is gone:(

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sucks bud. At least it's just one jerk cop out of a handful of good ones right? Or maybe not. But people please, don't judge all of law enforcement based on the few pricks you've dealt with. This has been a public service announcement, thank you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah the whole quota thing isn't around in Southern Miss. What they do down there is, when you go to round a corner, say on your yeah home from work, BOOM, theres like 5 of them set up in the road for a "Vehicle Safety Belt Inspection." They set up cones that you have to drive in between in the shape of like an S. If you hit one of the cones, they see that you're not wearing a seatbelt or, while you're driving slow enough to avoid the cones, which in itself is damn near impossible, they just so happen to see something else they can get you for, they will pull you to the side of the road and commence with the ticket writing. Damn bastards have me paying for multiple potholes for the city to repair.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah it is a common misconception that police have quotas they need to get on tickets....blah blah blah blah. All the friends I have in law enforcement in different states say otherwise.
Your friends might not do quotas but I can't think of a place I've ever lived where they didn't have quotas... That's why you see a good 80% of tickets handed out at the end of the month in most places... I assure you, it's not a mis-conception...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought there was a law passed that made quotas illegal...
Wasn't that only in NJ?

MirrorrorriM added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Sucks bud. At least it's just one jerk cop out of a handful of good ones right? Or maybe not. But people please, don't judge all of law enforcement based on the few pricks you've dealt with. This has been a public service announcement, thank you.
Gotta agree here. Many people's perceptions of police are largely based on one bad experience they had from a prick cop, or they have a friend who had a hard time with a cop. As a guy going into law enforcement, I know that there are alot of good cops out there, and yes, a good deal of d-bags too, but half the time, people who get these guys bring it upon themselves, whether they are lying to the cops, etc. (And cops are trained to tell if you are lying, so just don't do it because then they will give you a hard time).

Just remember, not all cops are out there to be a d-bag. Don't hate law enforcement, just hate the few jerk offs that give you a hard time.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wasn't that only in NJ?

MirrorrorriM added 6 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Gotta agree here. Many people's perceptions of police are largely based on one bad experience they had from a prick cop, or they have a friend who had a hard time with a cop. As a guy going into law enforcement, I know that there are alot of good cops out there, and yes, a good deal of d-bags too, but half the time, people who get these guys bring it upon themselves, whether they are lying to the cops, etc. (And cops are trained to tell if you are lying, so just don't do it because then they will give you a hard time).

Just remember, not all cops are out there to be a d-bag. Don't hate law enforcement, just hate the few jerk offs that give you a hard time.
problem is bro, there are alot of d-bag cops, and i seem to get them all the time, maybe one out of all 32 i have "encountered" was nice, and i went looking for that one..........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your friends might not do quotas but I can't think of a place I've ever lived where they didn't have quotas... That's why you see a good 80% of tickets handed out at the end of the month in most places... I assure you, it's not a mis-conception...

And how do YOU personally know where you have lived had quotas? I have friends in law enforcement in Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio to name a few..NONE of these have a "quota" system.

Everyone that says they have a quota system is just upset they got a ticket, and is trying to justify the fight in they have a quota system which is a bunch of BS. If you aren't wearing your seatbelt (it's a law) you deserve a ticket. Covering your tails to where they are too dark to let light out is a safety issue for yourself and others behind you...you deserve a ticket. I am for modification, but do it the smart way. If you need to have it as a daily driver, mod it as such. And if you choose to mod otherwise prepare for the consequences.

·
Registered
265 Posts
And how do YOU personally know where you have lived had quotas? I have friends in law enforcement in Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio to name a few..NONE of these have a "quota" system.

Everyone that says they have a quota system is just upset they got a ticket, and is trying to justify the fight in they have a quota system which is a bunch of BS. If you aren't wearing your seatbelt (it's a law) you deserve a ticket. Covering your tails to where they are too dark to let light out is a safety issue for yourself and others behind you...you deserve a ticket. I am for modification, but do it the smart way. If you need to have it as a daily driver, mod it as such. And if you choose to mod otherwise prepare for the consequences.
Um... Let's see... I know about 3/4 of the officers in my home town, being that I work across the street from the station, not to mention the numerous times I've been pulled over myself or with many of my friends driving/riding in cars obviously meant to do more than drive around. I'm telling you they have a quota because I talked about it to at least three of them. As far as the other places I've lived, most of which also in texas, you see the same patern, low police presence through the begining of the month, then wham police and tickets everywhere as the end of the month gets closer... And here's the thing, there are many officers that will actually lie to you about not having quotas because A) Everyone thinks it's wrong B) They don't want to lose their job/ get transferred due to sheding light on the topic to the media. Also, I've never had a ticket in my life other than for an expired inspection sticker on a junker, so I don't think I'm trying to justify anything really...

Furthermore I've never lived in any of those places, so no need for you to call me out with your e-penis, not a fag sorry...

Further references to keep you from arguing further... You don't know me, or anything about the places I've lived. Just because you're friends tell you there are no quotas in their towns residing within the 6 states you named out of the 50 in the country, does not in anyway qualify you to say that there are no such thing as ticket quotas anywhere... You would litterally have to know every single law enforcement officer in the country to make that statement... So don't...

Hey look this one even talks about one in Iowa, and one in colorado... Michigan?
Motorists.org

Utah...
bNET

Oh, here's one from Austin, Texas, btw this is actual records from a Texas Court of Appeals
NO. 03-00-00286-CV

So, I think from all this we have learned that yes, it is illegal in many places, but just like everything else that is illegal, that doesn't mean it's non-existant... Thanks for arguing...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.