Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 cobalt lt with a 2.2 ecotec and the 5 speed standard .. I was looking for ideas and pictures of ways to lift it a few inches to fit some bigger offroad tires on it .. like 29s or 30s at most .. I'm not worried about trimming fenders .. I have a stage 2 clutch in it already as I was planning on building a sleeper but I recently bought another car to build and want to use this one for winter and dirt roads going to our swimming ponds and stuff like that .. p.s I already have tires and rims just looking for ideas of how to make them fit

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting idea. With 29's you are looking at a 20% increase in size, so you may find the overall gearing a bit tall. Since its a unibody you will likely only gain a few inches with spring and strut spacers, unless you want to do a subframe lift and and fab work.

What offset wheels will you use? Taller tires equals wider in most cases, and there is not a lot of clearance on the back side of the tire. I'd suggest jacking the car up and seeing if the clearance is there since you already have the tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.