Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had this idea for a mod, call me crazy or insane, but here it is.

So When you use the windshield water pump, I was thinking that maybe we can put a water proof LED/light of some kind right below the sprayer, but slightly pointing upward, so when we spray the windsheild, we get a stream of lighted water. This looks doable, we can simply tap into the pump control, and run the wires up the firewall and add a light right below the sprayer nozzle.

Pros, Cons, Good mod, bad mod, doable?
What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Now your ricing. Serves no purpose!!! But just my opinion.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I knew it was crazy, all opinions welcome, I think it would look cool though (assuming everything works out), lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
would be cool like the water shows in Vegas!! Agree with coby but im sure a guy with a honda will see this and be like "DUDE..SWEET" lol

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is true, I'm kinda ricing here, but its a mod idea, and I guess since you said it, it could be called the Vegas Water Show mod. Sounds pretty sweet. May be a better candidate mod for the coupe, but I don't care.

·
Registered
985 Posts
sounds pretty cool, and doable for sure, but will this colorful washer fluid blind you as youre driving along? haha

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little rice. lol. As long as it's not over done. This doesn't sound too bad since it will be subtle...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds pretty cool, and doable for sure, but will this colorful washer fluid blind you as youre driving along? haha
I did think about that, but I don't think it would be blinding as one would think, its just 2 very small beams, it would be a mod viewed best from the side of the car.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
This was my 1st thought. I'm guessing it'd be REALLY bad at night

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Laser LEDs lol right in your face. Have them change colour while you're at it for a real Vegas show.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Actually, looking at the position of the nozzles, been very close to the windshield, pointing vertical (parallel with glass almost) a lot, to hit the windshield at mid point, the light would not be in your face, the windshield was case a reflection away from you if anything, I think the most you would see if a blurred dot where the stream hits the glass.

·
Registered
106 Posts
lol!! Officer>>> Sir why did you run off the road? Me>>> My Vegas show was too bright lmao!! and then the DUI test starts lol!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really don't think it will impair your vision more than a scent tree hanging from your rear view mirror, I mean, by the time the light hits the glass there will be a layer of water on the glass, thus blurring the light some. All you would see is 2 dots of light, not shining at you.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
This reminds me of when people wanted the blinking valve stem caps and constantly got pulled over.

Maybe you can make it so it does lasik and charge lots of money for the mod!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will be prototyping this mod soon, I will not install it, but make some temporary wiring to add some lighting, to help decide which kind of bulbs work best, those color changing Laser LED's Coby mentions would be cool, might class as overdone though.

I will also do some testing to see how much this mod could impair the vision straight ahead.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Actually, looking at the position of the nozzles, been very close to the windshield, pointing vertical (parallel with glass almost) a lot, to hit the windshield at mid point, the light would not be in your face, the windshield was case a reflection away from you if anything, I think the most you would see if a blurred dot where the stream hits the glass.
Well my thoughts on this werent considering a straight beam of light. It will hit the mist and every droplet (if done properly) will be lit up. The light will travel through all of the mist and will create almost like a 2nd windshield of colored mist. If it werent a mist, it would act like a fiber optic tree and only show the light where the stream ends (by the sounds of it, this is how youre thinking). In reality it will be a stream blocking your view to some extent like this:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, that's a little brighter than I was thinking, in that image, there is a lot of lighting, there would be much less lighting in this mod, just enough light to light a portion of the water.

·
Registered
985 Posts
very true, but its also a finer mist so Id bet it will look similar
If you do try this, I'd love to see a few pics or video. sounds like it could be really cool.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont think the light would be too much of an impairment issue, however, I will use temporary wiring and many test lights and figure out exactly how it will look and if impairments will be an issue.

Photos will be included in all the steps, I wouldn't want anyone to try this just based on me saying its safe, I will let the images tell the story.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.