Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that when i shift into 2nd (some of the time) the lights in the dash and pre much everywhere on the car flicker...but this is when i usually floor it tho

Whys this happen?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The car is taking too much power espec when you are flooring it. the rpms are shooting up taking more power away from electronics

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The car is taking too much power espec when you are flooring it. the rpms are shooting up taking more power away from electronics
That doesn't make sence.. At a higher RPM, the alternator is spinning faster, generating MORE electricity..

O.P. I have no idea what your problem is sorry.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It did it in my truck, I was told by ford (haha yeah i know ford) that it was because the car is trying to put out as much power and the alternator can't keep up with it. Sorry that did sound confusing too In my head it makes sense haha

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hmm..do you have a system in ur car too?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hmm, just go to autozone and get em to check out ur alternator then. or check for some kind of recall on ur vehicle maybe? could just be something wrong from factory. idk if the batteries our cars came with are worth two shits, so maybe thats it?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
that only happens to me when engadging first and i dont give enough gas and it lugs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.