Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im ordering sportline springs to make the car look better. But I DO NOT want a full body kit. I just want to accent the front bumper. I currently have the ugly high LS front bumper w/ no inserts. Yet I do NOT want to change bumper, I just want my front bumper to extend a little lower. I really want a bold on front lip. But all I can find is the WHOLE kit for like $700. But I only want the front bumper piece to add on to my factory front bumper to make it lower and so it doesnt look like a truck front. So does neone know where I can find JUST THE FRONT bolt on lip kit? thank you so much for your info. P.s. Is it at all possible to slightly modify the stock ss/sc lip to fit my bumper? b/c that is just about exactly what Im looking for.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You can buy just the front lip from rk sport ans yes the SS front lip will fit but you will have to put little slits in your bumper cause the SS lip has little tabs that go into the bumper to hold it on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? the ss lip will fit my LS bumper? I think I might just do that then, I dont care for the rk sport one

·
Registered
750 Posts
The lips will fit as along as they were not designed for the ss bumper. The ss bumper has slits cut in it for the stock lower lip. If thats the case then you would have to have slits cut in your bumper to make it work

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You can buy just the front lip from rk sport ans yes the SS front lip will fit but you will have to put little slits in your bumper cause the SS lip has little tabs that go into the bumper to hold it on.
No, i really don't think it will fit.. YOu can't use kits for ls/lt's on an ss so why could you fut a ss lip on an ls/lt?? I'm 90% sure it won't fit without custom molding it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It will fit without custom molding it. All you have to do is cut the slits in your bumper for the little tabbed things to go in so it stays on.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Do you got any proof of this working? peoples posts perhaps? Because if you really can di it i'd be interested

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.