Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the lip that goes all around the bottom of your car..

is it a body kit?

will it only fit the SS model?

would i have to get new bumbers?

i have 08 LS with no fogs and no fog inserts if that makes a difference.

thanks

·
Registered
922 Posts
Also if you want the exact SS lip, you can buy the front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts with the lip, either used, or you can find them on ebay.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thanks guys, much appreciated. really like the look of the front lip and side skirts

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

holy schnitzels, 800 buck for all four?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Also if you want the exact SS lip, you can buy the front bumper, rear bumper, and side skirts with the lip, either used, or you can find them on ebay.
good luck.

You can buy everything at gmpartsdirect i BELIEVE, dont expect a deal.. bumpers are about $300 a piece i believe. not counting side skirts/lips.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you can get them used for a pretty good deal if you search around. you'll mosy likely have to get every thing painted to match, but even if you buy it new you still have to get it painted...

·
Registered
150 Posts
xxenjoi11 look in my gallery. it was on my car. WARNING, I did go through three of them throughout the 3 and a half years I had my car. It is very prone to rock chips and if your lowered you will hit it if your not careful going up inclines.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uknowhim21. yeah thats exactly that id like.. man you car is sweet. i see we have similar seat covers although yours look leather and mine are cotton/poly blend. did yours have the chrome mesh in the back? i want to get that to match the chrome grille i have on mine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not my car any longer, but I still love looking at pics of it lol Yes there was the mesh in the back that I had painted black. I got love tapped from behind by another car and the mesh got messed up so then I replaced it with the SS lip. Seat covers were off ebay for like $10 btw. Great investment

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha i got mine from ebay too proally the same ones!! good taste, hopefully my balto will be as nice as yours "was".. eventually... how much did you put into it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
haha i got mine from ebay too proally the same ones!! good taste, hopefully my balto will be as nice as yours "was".. eventually... how much did you put into it?
In time I'm sure it will. Over the 3.5 years I had it I put in about $5,000. I know people said it doesn't help your resale value, but its not like I was going to be buying other things with the cash instead and it did help my resale price. I'll put it this way, I sold the car for more then I bought it for

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not to worried about resale value since my thinking right now is that ill have this car forever. my goal is to have a showoff thread that im proud of sometime at the end of summer, by then i should have everything i want done and the balto looking sharp. its nice to put money into something you appreciate instead of weed -_-

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

@Craig i like that body kit you pointed out but the downfall is no shipping. i dont think its worth driving nine hours from WNY to Chicago for a kit but thanks for the info i appreciate it

·
Registered
150 Posts
im not to worried about resale value since my thinking right now is that ill have this car forever. my goal is to have a showoff thread that im proud of sometime at the end of summer, by then i should have everything i want done and the balto looking sharp. its nice to put money into something you appreciate instead of weed -_-

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

@Craig i like that body kit you pointed out but the downfall is no shipping. i dont think its worth driving nine hours from WNY to Chicago for a kit but thanks for the info i appreciate it
Well said, well said

·
Registered
289 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.