Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for the peeps that wanted to see what that cheap lip spoiler looks like on our cobalt up close and personal... I decided to post is since no one seems to have good pictures of it. Please see this spoiler with multiple angles and judge for yourself if you want it or not.

Some notes:
1) This spoiler is 50$ shipped from Taiwan off eBay
2) The spoiler is painted and VERY good paint quality, it will probably outlast the cobalt's actual paint by decades.
3) It is made of hard rubber, but when if comes in your mail, it is as flexible as a spaghetti noodle! (The paint flexes along with it so don't worry on cracking).
4) This is the cheapest/value solution to enhance the looks of your non-spoiler equipped cobalt and/or for people that don't want to drill holes on your trunks (like me!)

Now the pics

and yes it is a small as it looks!!!

Also recently installed (that by now everyone has ...)

The only thing I did extra though, for the people that have GMPP intakes, is that I put a strip of weather seal around the airbox, because I have noticed that GM developping the upper airbox for the intake has forgotten to take into account the thickness of the air filter that use to be there. So I filled the gap with a weather strip like this:

Initially I thought of cutting up the original filter and stick in, it would work too, but it only has 3000 miles on it.... so why waste it?

Anyways enjoy!

updated with full car pics as per requested by some.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The lip looks like a great fit. But I really can't tell if I like it or not without a full car picture.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Spoiler looks good and i love the intake.
Did you do the air box mod too?
I actually took off my bumper (to do further anti-rust) and I decided to leave it on, because I can see that it's not restrictive at all, plus it keeps it slightly quieter since I drive it everyday I want to keep some civility and let my exhaust do the talking :-D. But I was really tempted, if the bumper wasn't as much of a ***** to remove (the most difficult I have ever removed EVER~!). I would have at least tried it.

Also, I noticed if I pulled the resonator, it is more likely that it sucks hot air from the engine bay rather than the front of the bumper.

The lip looks like a great fit. But I really can't tell if I like it or not without a full car picture.
Haha sorry to give your hopes up buddy, but you won't be able to see it!

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Looks good - I'd say look for some "corner" pieces for the spoiler that can go to the side of the trunk.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the green stripe on your rear Chevy logo?
Haha you caught that :p, how observant of yours. Yeah I'm painting the logo black and that's the body moulding tape for when I'm ready to put them back. That Krylon stuff takes a while to dry completely.

And thanks everyone for their feedback!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
updated with full car pics.. enjoy!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Also may be if it was full width, not just on the trunk.
This.

It isn't bad, but I don't like how if you look at if from the side, the trunk comes up, then inward towards the car, then juts back out again with the spoiler. It's like you have an odd indentation in the body work.

And I actually like the all-silver look of the bow tie, I say do it silver instead!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.