Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to add door sill plates to my 06 SS/SC and found these on MRZPerformance but I thought they would look better if they lit up when I opened the door. I just finished installing them here is how I did it.

You'll need to pick which door sill plates you want from MRZ then you'll need to buy electroluminescent panels one for each door. I bought panels from Ebay that were 12" by 1.25" and those were perfect to fill the lettering.
Make sure to buy panels with 12V inverters.

This is my first how to so bare with me, if you have any questions I'll answer them the best I can.

Electroluminescent panel

What they look like before and after attaching them too the door sills. I used 3M double sided tape.

To start the install I wired the inverters together into one wire so I could splice them into the courtesy lights so they turn on when the door opens.

Next I spliced the inverters into the courtesy lights in the interior fuse box. The positive is the blue with white stripe 3rd from the left very bottom. The negative is the grey wire 3rd from the right very bottom.

I ran the wires from the door sill up the door seal and through a hole in the pillar.

I replaced the seal hiding the wires on the outside and on the inside of the door I ran them underneath the trim towards the dash where the inverters are installed.

Here is the finished product after I replaced the trim pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.