Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i got this idea to paint my bowtie blue w/ red trim, then put the superman symbol in the middle red. so i painted the whole thing red, taped off the trim, put on the stencil i made for the symbol, then sprayed over it all blue. i put on a couple of coats so it would cover the red. i waited for it to dry, then i took off the stencil. the red was underneath, the only problem was the blue paint stuck to the stencil and it peeled and completely messed up the design. anybody have any advice on a better way to get the symbol?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hmmm... either dont let the stencil sit there while it dries, like spray it, then slowly take it off, then let dry... idk if that would work but its worth a try...

then if that doesnt work u could get an artsy friend to draw it in w/ a paint pen, and then if that doesn work maybe a vinyl?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the paint pen might work. idk i'll experiment more with it tomorrow. i think part of the problem was i sprayed the blue paint on too thick. but i'll try taking off the stencil sooner too.

·
Registered
678 Posts
use a thicker paper for it, idk y but i think itll help

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats what i was thinking about. i think the problem was the paper was to thin so hte blue paint ended up coating over it. if the paper is higher then the paint spray i shouldnt have that problem. i think lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
my friend just suggested the hard plastic cover of like a notebook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.