Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thread has updated pictures throughout... BUT the good/better quality ones are on this first post!

Updated 6/2/10

Bought the car back in June 2008, bone stock, brand new w/ 26 miles on it...
oh yeah AND I AM A GIRL!!!! lol

Stock Options
Rear Spoiler
Automatic transmission
Blue Flash Metallic paint
crank windows
manual doors
no keyless entry
...and that's IT... lol

Exterior
Debadged all around
removed door strips
chrome billet grill (sometimes)
Black/chrome front bowtie
black taillights
custom short antenna
5% tint/5% 6in tint strip
20% tint on back glass
17in DXR rims
Nankang 205/40/17
4ish inch drop
cut "mud flaps" off (had to...they dragged, lol)
fart can--i would LOVE to replace!
gunmetal calipers/drums
painted mirror covers Blue Flash Metallic (body color)
Streetglow BLUE headlight bulbs
Blue turn-signal bulbs (that light up amber, i forget the brand...)
LOWBALT 3rd break light decal
3rd Gen Halos
Satin black center bar
Blue Flash Metallic trunk lock

Interior
Factory tanish interior...meh
Blue Flash Metallic dash trim
Gunmetal on little round vents & door caps & door pulls
Gloss HU bracket & Gloss HVAC
Pioneer in dash touch screen double din dvd HU
10" Polk GNX104
600W Powerbass Amp
that's pretty much it other than the big dent in the chevy emblem on my steering wheel... my worthless ex got mad one day & punched my car, so now i have 2 lovely knuckle prints right in my face... (which will be replaced SOON...)
Removed Rear Headrests

Pix from last summer:

This summer:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U know... I've never thought of my interior color that way until I re-did my dash... the lighter colors do look classy, huh? lol & i'm hardcore about keepin them clean!

Yup, that's my crazy friends... well just a few of them... normally we fill up a parkin lot w/ lowered cars, minitrucks, a few jacked up trucks & a few muscle cars...we're pretty awesome, if i do say so myself! The guy w/ the maroon dime also has a camaro SS & a 00 cav z24 on airride, oh how i hate him so. hahaha, but he's my best friend so... i at least get to ride in those vehicles... ive drove his SS tho, fastest thing ive ever drove! LOL

And I PROMISE i'm gonna get those pix on here soon... might be wed. but it'll b soon...LOL, i didnt take those w/ my phone, so they're better quality, well worth the wait...or so i hope...:)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey nice ride man, What paint did you use to paint your break clipper?
hahahaha, sorry, i cant help but to giggle..... PM'd

I used the truck van & suv paint from advance auto parts the color is bahama blue... ive used it in the past & it held up nicely, my fav color EVER to paint stuff with! HAHA...that is, if it matches...lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how did you get a 4inch drop??? did you cut springs??? cause i know there are no spings for sale that have a 4 inch drop...
I'm guessin its a 4 inch, i never really measured it, lol... but yeah, they're cut.... need to take more off the front... at least I'm thinkin about it anyway...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm guessin its a 4 inch, i never really measured it, lol... but yeah, they're cut.... need to take more off the front... at least I'm thinkin about it anyway...
ok haha, how is the right on cut springs??? and how did you cut the rears as they are conical shaped on both ends lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ok haha, how is the right on cut springs??? and how did you cut the rears as they are conical shaped on both ends lol
time for a how-to? :blink1:

like the new sig pic of your car in the sunset - really shows off the paint color nicely!

·
Registered
344 Posts
time for a how-to? :blink1:

like the new sig pic of your car in the sunset - really shows off the paint color nicely!
hahaha, i dont think i could cut mine...id rub my tires all over the place :lol:
im running on ss/tc struts and shocks, h&r sport springs, and 225/45/17 tires and i have less then a 1 finger gap already, thats why i was trying to figure out how she got 4inches...thats pretty low, must be running a significantly smaller tire by looking at the pics...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahaha... nah, better not, LOL... yeah, i have 205/40/17 tires, and im tuckin in the rear & have a finger gap the size of my finger in the front, that's y im thinkin i need to go lower, i want to tuck all around... but im hardcore on the being low thing, my car drags on a normal basis...lol, well usually my muffler does, flat-spotted it a few times. haha...
And on cuttin the rear, i have no idea...some1 else asked me that & i just cant answer it... one of my friends came & picked my car up & brought it back slammed....i knew he was gonna do it, i asked him to. so, he told me about the rear & how it was diff & stuff, but i cant remember exactly how he put it. My car was the 2nd cobalt he did, so i trusted him...

thanks! Yeah i love sunset pix w/ my paint! BFM FTW!

·
Registered
344 Posts
only thing i can think of is to cut a piece out then weld it together...

and ya..i used to have that sized tire...OMG...the ride is SOOO MUCH better with tires that give a little :lol:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha, i'm not sure....hmmm
LOL... im on skinny tires, cut springs, live in the mts on va, if i was concerned about ride quality, i would have pushed the lobalt over a hill already...hahaha... i love how it rides tho...but sometimes it is nice to drive mom's G6 GT...squishy ride, dont have to worry about cops, no loud exhaust ringing ur ears...lol... not to mention keyless entry & sunroof, haha

·
Registered
344 Posts
haha, i'm not sure....hmmm
LOL... im on skinny tires, cut springs, live in the mts on va, if i was concerned about ride quality, i would have pushed the lobalt over a hill already...hahaha... i love how it rides tho...but sometimes it is nice to drive mom's G6 GT...squishy ride, dont have to worry about cops, no loud exhaust ringing ur ears...lol... not to mention keyless entry & sunroof, haha
haha, i hear ya on that lol. its nice to ride ins something thats normal every once in a while hahahaha. My gfs balt is ALMOST stock, we have the megan racing exhaust on it...but its LOUD and drones...so we are either going to get a silcer or put the stocker back on for now :lol:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That's what is is all right!

Seriously,, it IS a cake carrier. It's how you transport a cake to protect it and to of course, keep it clean.

GTO 1

1 - 20 of 304 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.