Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLY ****! these pot holes are ****in rediculous. theyre everywhere. every lane on every road, and so big you cannoy avoid them. what th hell is going on. IT EVEN MADE FRONT PAGE NEWS. god it sucks i cant go anywhere without nailing a pothole, and now with all this rain were going to get theyll all be filled with water so i wont be able to see them and im gonna be slamming into these things non stop. I already slammed one bad and bent my rim and scratched my bumper (it was at a drive way to a parking lot)

!!!!! rarasdfgrd /end rant

·
Registered
197 Posts
i remember when i lived in michigan as a small child. everytime i went with my dad to anywhere i'd come home and get spanked for repeating foul words i learned from him as he hit pothole after pothole driving around town...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you hit that big one on hempstead tpk right by the dunkin donuts?
The one like right infront of the little cemetary right before the dunkin donuts that did me good. and then the 135 pot holes on 107 right when u turn onto it from hemstead turnpike.

Theres got be atleast 35 pot holes in a 10 foot range there.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The one like right infront of the little cemetary right before the dunkin donuts that did me good. and then the 135 pot holes on 107 right when u turn onto it from hemstead turnpike.

Theres got be atleast 35 pot holes in a 10 foot range there.
yuppp that one .! i hit that one when it was filled with water and couldent tell it was a bigass pothole thought i got a flat but think they fixed that one

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah having that problemo where i am in PA too. they even put a cone inside of a particularly bad one so you can see it better even when filled with water like it is (i guess it's nice that they at least did that) but you can just barely see the top 4 inches of the cone it's that crazy deep. wish PennDot knew how to pave roads right so we wouldn't have to go thru this every spring. :notrust:

·
Registered
146 Posts
OMgggg i so agree with this. In one spot where I live i actually have to drive into the middle of the road to avoid this one huge one! I'm here with you man

·
Registered
680 Posts
This sucks...
There's a few around here on my way to school but it's fairly easy to avoid them unless there is a lot of traffic

·
Registered
439 Posts
Its horrible here also... I should take pics and show you guys of hows bad it really is.. I know numerous people who already bent their rims and blowing their tire out, but do they ever get fixed here? **** no it doesn't..
It's really annoying when you got to swerve all over the road just to miss them

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Heres what's on the news but I see worser

Pop Up Video

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I dunno about you guys, but I only drive the SSP and RT 110 in long island, and there is nothing worth mentioning.. But once you hit the Belt Pkway, there are sections where you can lose a wheel in... After our last snow storm, literally slabs as asphalt fell off the road and were just laying there.. For a few days traffic was at a standstill in those sections cause you couldnt use the left and right lanes without swerving to avoid them.. They got patched up, but still plenty of nasties left. Ugh :evil:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dunno about you guys, but I only drive the SSP and RT 110 in long island, and there is nothing worth mentioning.. But once you hit the Belt Pkway, there are sections where you can lose a wheel in... After our last snow storm, literally slabs as asphalt fell off the road and were just laying there.. For a few days traffic was at a standstill in those sections cause you couldnt use the left and right lanes without swerving to avoid them.. They got patched up, but still plenty of nasties left. Ugh :evil:
lmao yeah everyone knows the belt parkway is the absolute worst parkway ever. Not only is there traffic 110% of the time, its constanly filled with potholes that never get fixed. god i hate that ****in road.

·
Registered
821 Posts
grab your phone book and make calls, I dont know to who, but i know here in hawaii they broadcast on the radio a pothole "hotline" phone number so you can call in a particular bad pothole, give a location for where its at, and somehow they schedule road maintenance crews to do SOMETHING.... filler up with sand or gravel, or whatever it is they do.

my 2 cents... peace.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
grab your phone book and make calls, I dont know to who, but i know here in hawaii they broadcast on the radio a pothole "hotline" phone number so you can call in a particular bad pothole, give a location for where its at, and somehow they schedule road maintenance crews to do SOMETHING.... filler up with sand or gravel, or whatever it is they do.

my 2 cents... peace.
i could name about 375 pot holes on my way to school. i mean i guess thatd be good if there was one bad pothole. But you have no idea how many there are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.