Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this came via fedex today, and it looks great!

it's the OEM spoiler, painted the correct color, still in it's factory protection, with the OEM part number stamped on the bottom...

not bad for $55 shipped...:)

now, to get the drill bits and get this baby installed

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually, no my car didn't come with a spoiler...

and yes... it's a coupe spoiler, I like that one much better

·
Registered
334 Posts
i really wanted the high rise spoiler b4 but it only looks good if you the ss bumper. other wise it just looks too rice. and the high rise would juss look wrong on a 4-door.
good pick! post pics when its done.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really wanted the high rise spoiler b4 but it only looks good if you the ss bumper. other wise it just looks too rice. and the high rise would juss look wrong on a 4-door.
good pick! post pics when its done.
I agree, and the sedan spoiler just looks like a flat plank mounted to the trunklid,

this coupe spoiler extends further past the trunklid on the sides, and follows the body curves, it also sits up a bit higher than the sedan spoiler, and once I found out that the bolt holes were the same...it seemed silly to get the sedan one

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree, and the sedan spoiler just looks like a flat plank mounted to the trunklid,

this coupe spoiler extends further past the trunklid on the sides, and follows the body curves, it also sits up a bit higher than the sedan spoiler, and once I found out that the bolt holes were the same...it seemed silly to get the sedan one
Yea no. Coupe spoilers will not fit sedans. You need to drill holes since there not the same. Who ever told you that never listen to them again about anything cobalts.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
trunks are not interchangable, he is not changing the trunk. Just adding the coupe spoiler

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the bolts seem to line up right where they should be, and I'm drilling holes regardless since my car didn't come with a spoiler to begin with

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I think he was under the impression you were switching with a coupe trunk not just the spoiler.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
No..

Im saying he cannot unbolt a sedan wing and bolt in a coupe wing.. The holes will not line up and you will need to drill new holes.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
right, but he didn't have a spoiler before. All good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.